1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the... what did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jackthe, Nov 28, 2004.

1. jackthe

jackthe Member

Ok, I ripped a couple of movies with shrink and saved the files to my hard drive. A couple of days later I burned them to dvd dics using nero. They play great in my stand alone dvd player. I could'nt be happier. Success on my first try! But.... when I put the discs in my computer to play the movie, It says that the discs are empty! What gives, the stand alone player plays them fine but the computer won't.
    The only thing that I did is that I labled the discs with at sharpie. But that should'nt hurt them. I can't see why the computer dosent recognize them and my stand alone does? Anyone?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What program are you using to play the dvd?

3. jackthe

jackthe Member

I have 2 or 3 programs that will play dvd's, Im not at the home computer right now so the only one I remember is media player. However if I click on the dvd drive, click properties, it still shows the disks empty. Its got me baffled, unless somehow the disc never got some type of formatting on it that tells the computer that there is somthing on it. But then again, it plays great on the sanyo dvd player hooked to the tv.