1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do with my .ac3 file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Run4two, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Run4two

Run4two Member

I'm a musician and I've used Soft Encode to make an .ac3 file. I have a DVD burner and want to put it on a DVD to listen to on my home theatre system. How do I do this? I've had great success copying movies, but those are VOB and IFO files. Any help and suggestions are greatly apreciated. Thanks.

2. Digital-x

Digital-x Member

i'm a musician too... excuse me.. why ac3? make a normal audio cd and put in the dvd player !?!??

Last edited: Apr 6, 2003
  3. Run4two

Run4two Member

Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean to imply that I'm the only musician. I just thought there might be more that have gone this route. I've made gobs of audio cd's, I'm bored with stereo. I'm into 5.1 surround sound. That's why I've encoded my song into an ac3 file. I just want to know how to properly put it on a DVD so that my extended family and friends can play it at their homes on their systems with Dolby Digital.

4. Run4two

Run4two Member

Do I need to multiplex video with it and make a VOB file? Please have pity for this lost newbie. Any ideas?