1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to get?(yet another one sorry)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by FishDK, Jan 24, 2007.

1. FishDK

FishDK Member

I am sorry to ask this question, but I have been reading almost all these threads and I am getting more and more confused the more I read.

I have a DS-lite and want to do all I can with it. It would be nice to be able to play BGA games but not a must.

I was thinking of using mini SD cards. I thought you could use just SD cards or what?

So which device would suit me best?

I need to know all the parts I need or maybe even a link or description of a bundle to buy.

Thanks a bunch for having an awesome forum (though I just got more confused)

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

mini sd flash carts will stick out on the lite. a bit cumbersome and you chance breaking it if it falls since it protrudes.

i reccommend u get a slot-1 device, if you don't care for gba much. you could get r4 ds or the ever-so-popular m3 ds simply (both of which work with flash carts as a passme (such as passcard3) in case u want gba down the road; i love the gba) they take microsd however. they are very similar, so it just comes down to a coin flip or so. but here, at afterdawn, the simply has won. so you may want to go with that for the support here.
    total: ~50$ +/-5$ +shipping +microsd

if you do want gba however you can get the m3 lite perfect(it says for "nds&gba" on the cart) with a passcard3. it will play both nds and gba. nds compatibility is not so well on like 3-8 games of the 2700+.
    total:~75$ +/-7$ +shipping +microsd (i sees it for ~100$ at modchipstore com with the 1GB microsd which would usually set u back 30$)

or if you rrreeeeealllly wanna use your mini sd and have gba. get the m3 minisd perfect with passcard3. it'll stick out a bit, but it will be cheaper yet work the same.
    total: i forget...