1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to use for Changing Darkness of Movie

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Pains, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Pains

Pains Guest

I have some movies files that are allready changed to dvd files by using winavivideoconverter and ready to be put onto a dvd r. The only problem is that the movie itself is very very dark. Is there a freeware program that will allow me to change the contrast/darkness of these files?

Thank You
    Shawn

2. attar

attar Senior member

I'm not familiar with a program to use on DVD files, but VirtualDubMod, with the appropriate filter, can be used on AVI files.
    The catch is that the file has to be re-compressed, which causes some loss of quality.
    When the file is re-compressed, the same codec(s) as the original should be used (which means they have to be installed, if they have not previously).
    VirtualDubMod comes with a range of internal filters, however the filter which is used in this example is a separate download.
    [​IMG]

3. somack

somack Guest

*spam removed*

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  4. Pains

Pains Guest

Thanx for the advice, Ill have to try that out and see if I can improve the quality of my movie files... THANX!!!