1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what tool do i need for encoding mpeg2vcd?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by musik, Nov 23, 2001.

1. musik

musik Guest

i want to know what tool i need to download to change my mpeg files to videocd files so my or mpeg to dvd if i can get an answer as soo as possible it would be great. thanx

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Eh, sentence was bit confusing.

If you have MPEG-1 files and you want to burn them to VideoCD format, you should first try to drag and drop those files to Nero with VideoCD template selected from Nero.

If Nero doesn't complain about the files and accepts them ok, you're good to go, just burn them and you have VCD disc.

If Nero whines about the files and gives you an uncompatibility error, read the error and act based on that:

-Most of the incorrect MPEG-1 files have valid framerate and video size, but their structure is not valid. This can be fixed without re-encoding by using TMPGEnc; open TMPGEnc, go to MPEG Tools and select Demux and demux your file. Then select Multiplex/Mux and select the two files Demux just created and select VideoCD as your format and Mux those files back together. Now you _should_ have valid VCD compatible MPEG-1 file that can be burned with Nero.

-If your files are not in correct framerate or their picture size is incorrect, just forget it. Re-encoding is only option and quality after that is horrible.

3. sdikblack

sdikblack Member

You can use a tool named Sassonic, but don't ask me how do get it, cause i couldn't download it anywhere.
    If you can convert it to Bin/cue you can make it with Cdrwin. (i recommend version 3 because version 5 sucks on xp)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2002