1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What ur favorite sport

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by RagePro, Jul 28, 2005.

1. skidme

skidme Guest

Ah I'd love to be able to play paintball, but sadly I live in philly and have never been able to find a paintball range or whatever u pro's call it

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

An STI custom? Now you're making me drooooooool!!! I fitted an Ed Brown mainspring housing and a Wilson beavertail grip safety on my Colt (the factory parts were crap) and that's as close as my poor butt gets to a gunsmith :p

Do you shoot competition?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  3. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

Yeah, but only local stuff, since the official competitions won't allow my Eagle custom, trigger pull has been reduced (and that isn't allowed in official competitions), and since most bigger competitions are in the U.S. (and i can't be bummed to travel back and forth more than my regular 3 times a year) that kinda narrows it down... :(

4. Nephilim

Nice! I always wanted to get into handgun silhouette shooting but have yet to find the time or money for it.

If you shoot competiion I bet there's a good chance you're a handloader. Do you handload? I've been handloading since I was 16 :)

5. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

I grew up with guns, got my first .22 when i was like 10. Do i need to say more? :)

6. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

I dont believe in guns...they are ment for killing...Not for defense...Who ever invented guns should be shot! Well that didnt help alot with my opinion against guns...um...maybe punched to death! But that resolves in death...well that doesnt help either...Life Is Unfair!!!

7. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Formula 1, Moto GP, Boxing, Martial Arts (Kickboxing/ Muay Thai), Cricket and Table Tennis.

8. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

My Fav sports are:

1. European Football (Tru Football, Major Man U Fan :) )
    2. Rugby League

There the only 2 i really take notice of :)

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'm into varmint rifles myself. Remington 700 classic in the 220 swift caliber. Nothing like drilling a groundhog at 200-300 yards away with a 52 gr speer hollowpoint. 1 little entrance wound and a big mess! I also reload my own and got them screaming at over 4000 fps. Them pigs are dead before they hear the shot, LOL

10. Nephilim

I've a Savage 116 heavy varmint in .22-250, not quite as fast as the Swift but 'splodes the dogs just fine!

My favorite for prairie dogs was my old Ruger 77 in .243 Winchester. I had a load that used a Sierra 60gr flatbase HP at about 3,750 fps and it hit 'em like a sledgehammer.

There's nothing like that big old WHAP! and then strings of prairie dog go flying everywhere :p

11. skidme

skidme Guest

Awww thats just mean...One day the praire dogs will unite against us, brothers!! They will make us their slaves!!

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey neph, I had an old savage 22-250 heavy barrel and that baby would put any of my reloads on a quarter at 200 yds.sxsp/bthp/sp/hp-it didn't matter. That baby could shoot but it was heavier than crap-8lbs+. I just sold it back to the same guy I bought it from 10 years ago.That guy has been through winchesters/rugers/and remington 22-250's and couldn't compare to that old savage that he once owned.

13. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

When i Lived in Fort Worth i used to just shoot my dad's remington at anything on our property that didn't belong there, including trespassers and wild dogs... And since we allways made our own amunition, it was loads of fun to shoot trespassers... imagine being shot with a load of rocksalt at 6 feet... :)

14. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep, making your own ammo is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying it. Last time I recalled,it cost me about $4.50 to load a box of 22-250. It cost $12-15 for a box of new ammo at the time.

I never bought new ammo for that 220-swift.I've got 50 gr sierra softpoints,44 grains of IMR 4350,cci primers,and buy 100 rounds of brass for $20. That casing is packed clear to the top before that bullet gets seated. I've got nice leupold scopes on both my varmint rifles.

I also reload 30-06/30-30/ 12 and 20 guage.I never loaded up any rocksalt,but my buddy does, LOL

For plinking, I've got a remington 541-t that will nail a dime at 40 yds.Most accurate .22 I have tried,well worth $300 that I paid back then.

15. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

16. Nephilim

Lol, I almost mentioned the .223 WSSM last night - what a HOT cartridge! The short magnum concept makes so much sense and I'm a big fan of it. Leave it to the benchrest crowd to figure out a better way for the rest of us.

Those Savages are very accurate rifles. The Savage 116 I have is the most accurate rifle I've ever shot. 1/4" groups at 100 yards are the norm if I do my part. I'm looking at putting together a deer/elk rifle and have my heart set on a Savage Model 16FCSS with the AccuTrigger in .270 WSM and some sort of Burris scope. The AccuTrigger is the greatest thing since sliced bread as far as factory triggers go :)

Like I mentioned before I've rolled my own since I was 16 and there's such a sense of satisfaction in it - kinda like building your own PC as opposed to buying factory. Over the years I've loaded .38 Special, .357 Mag, .44 Mag, 9mm, 40 S&W, .45 ACP, .243 Win, .303 British, .35 Remington and even .25 ACP (don't ask me why, it was stupid teenager thing). I haven't been able to load for three years because there's simply no room for my bench where I'm living right now and it's killing me having to buy factory but that's going to change in a couple months - yay!!!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  17. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

On that .25 acp, here's a bit that i read about it in one of my favorite books :

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2005
  18. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

man, this is turning into the 'whats your favourite gun' thread..

i wish we could have guns in the UK. legally i mean, without having to be a farmer or something..

19. Daniel_G

Daniel_G Guest

There are loads of ways to obtain gun permits in the u.k., although they're not gonna be very eager to hand them out with all that's been going on the last few weeks.

20. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Don't know about you guys but in the UK BB Guns are A LOT more popular than real guns LOL