1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Was THe Biggest Video Game Flop?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by -=(-_-)=-, Dec 13, 2004.

1. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Hey, there's been a lot of games released this season and I want to know whats the worst games from this year.

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

I'd say GTA:San Andreas...

Joke, lol.

I don't think there have been much duff AAA titles this year. Although the worst in my opinion was from EA, them boys did it again LOTR:The Third Age, what an utter load of rubbish. Big Budget licence sells product.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

how about Halo 2...I heard that game sucks. :p

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Only 3 games have sucked this year, Burnout 3, Halo 2 and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  5. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Wat was rong with halo 2 and burn out? theres been alot worst games that came out this year like Killzone

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Halo 2 just sucked and burnout 2 wos better than 3

7. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Ya but there ware way worst games that came out

8. tampaboy

tampaboy Guest

ATV ORF 3 what a big Flop....unreal how bad it is...for PS2..

9. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Come on some one name a gamecube only game! There has to be at least one that came out this year.

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

halo 2 sucks cause its XBOX...duh

11. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I did play American Chopper, thats a pretty lame game.

12. theboner

theboner Member

i never played killzone, but i watched my room mate play it a lot, it looked pretty sweet. and yea, hands down halo 2 is one of the worst this year.

13. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

how can you say halo 2 sucks, granted the storyline is cut short (this is because the're saving the final part for halo 3, which is already in development), but the game is not bad, its cool being an elite and all of the differnces between 1 and 2 was mostly ment for online gameplay.

anyway's back on topic, Ultra Bust-a-Move for the XBOX is sorry, I am a huge bust a move fan (n64 version is still the best), but this is sorry game.

If you want to go real old skool, E.T. for atari was the worst game ever! Megaman 64 was real bad too. And ANY tetris game that is not the original gameboy verison Suck! Why mess up a good thing!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Daikatana was horrible.

15. Xian

Xian Regular member

Most of the games I have seen mentioned here aren't the worst, they are the worst overhyped. Daikatana that Nephilim mentioned was in that category. The game itself wasn't that bad, but didn't live up to everyone's expectations, since basically it was just an average game. If it had been released 2 years previously it would have probably gotten much better reviews, instead the delays just built the hype up.

The worst of 2004 in my opinion would be Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The new one was completely different in tone and gameplay from the previous one. Usually I expect a sequel to have the same core gameplay as the original with some improvements instead of being a totally different game experience. I'm glad I rented it instead of wasting money on it.

As far as the Gamecube goes, the only ones I know that were flops were 3rd party games like the Prince of Persia mentioned above. Mario Party 6 isn't really a flop but just more of the same. It's new twist was the microphone games, but they didn't have enough of them. The only other GC games we got this season was Metroid Prime 2 and Mario Tennis and both of those are excellent.

16. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

My biggest beef with Daikatana was the fact that the bots that you had to protect brought a whole new meaning to the term "dumb". I still vividly remember getting to a certain part of the game after many, many frustrating attempts only to have one of the bots stand in the doorway of an automatic door and sit there while the door closed on him repeatedly until he died. Try as I might I couldn't get the idiot to move out of the doorway so he didn't get killed and make me start the level over again. Right after that I uninstalled the game and threw the disc in the closet never to look at it again.

I hate having to protect characters in a game but if you have to at least make them half-assed smart. The friendlies in HalfLife 2 really got on my nerves getting in my way all the time but at least I could direct them somewhere to get them killed off, not have to start the level over and get a little bit of peace till more came.

In essence Daikatana was a huge flop to me more than anything :)

17. teggy

teggy Regular member

p4_tt, about Rogue Agent.

I am a bond fan and enjoyed everything or nothing(actually haven't finished it. I let it sit whilst I started playing Pro Evo 3... I never stopped now all my games are left to sit as I am playing pro evo 4)

Anyways, the game rogue agent should rot in a pair of trunks that have been worn for a month in a corner in the darkest place in the world. It lacks atmosphere, the sound is terrible enemies dissapear when they die.

And to top that off, you are meant to be bad. You fight against bad guys. I mean you at least think they could have been creative... like adding a nemesis like character or something(not really creative but you know what I mean).

To this day, Goldeneye has not been topped in the bond genre... Everything or nothing is a different game which is good. But I still go back to P64 and play Goldeneye... What a great multiplayer game it was...

18. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

ah Rare's GoldenEye, your right teggy it still is the best bond shoot em up ever made. I mean 1 player was awsome and 4 player deathmatches with golden guns in the facility level totally kicked ass!
    I havent played "rouge agent" yet, is it really that bad? flop of the year maybe?

@p4_tt
    4 player online with Halo2 is sweet, the game does not suck!
    EA's Burnout3, another great game released this year, fast cars, slo-mo crashes, impact time! what more could you ask for....nowhere near sucks?!

19. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Burnout 3 is rubbish but thats just my view, some people like it some do not, i liked the 2nd one better. Halo 2 story is rubbish gameplay is good. As for Rouge Agent the only beef i had was the targeting it was rubbish. Goldeneye on the N64 !!ROCKED!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  20. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

ow i'm amazed @ how many people don't lik halo 2, i mean i don't even hav n xbox n i thought is was pretty good, now if you want a realy good time try katamari demonci (I probly spelled that wrong), Its a weird realy simple game with some very trippy game play, plus it's cheep!