1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What went wrong?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vaaris, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaaris

vaaris Guest

I just wanted to ask that what normal people think of 9/11-issue right now and I end up censorship in Afterdawn.com. Check yourself:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/379302

Finnish forum:
    http://keskustelu.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/379465

Moderator Nephilim closed my thread without any explanation. What is going on? US and Finland (Europe) is defenitely behind the free of speech.

We need some kind of explanation, Nephilim.

We need to refuse this one-person-rules-the-world-issue (Nephilim).

Moderator Nephilim, please explain yourself? Why the censorship? Where is the free of speech? Haven't you see the Constitution of the US? Even I have and I'm from the Finland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

No affence but Neph is a gr8 mod and wouldn't have closed your post without good reasoning. It is hardly acceptable to ask for an explanation and so abrupbtly at that.
    Also you were warned by creaky at the start of the thread that those issues get v political and it may be closed anyway.
    Neph also says for ddp and creaky to check their pm's so something must be up there.

As for your little freedom of speech thing and Us constitution - not needed and I'm sure Neph as a perosn is v aware of his right and the rights of others...

Just my two cents,

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@vaaris: it is not my place to speak for Nephalim nor will I. Please know that you did nothing wrong ... the thread was not moved because of you and it was not closed because of you.

To some people in the U.S.A., there whole subject of 9/11 is still a very sensitive issue. Patriotism and loyalty to one's country takes many forms. There are some people who are very supportive and very loyal to the present government and they get very angry when someone suggests that the government to which they are so loyal and so devoted could possibly be involved in something so outright evil. While I don't agree with their anger at these suggestions, I can understand it. The moderators first moved the thread and then closed it because it has caused a great deal of difficulty in the past and started a lot of arguements and ill will. Closing the thread had nothing to do with you; its simply such a sensitive subject still to some people in the U.S.A.

If I may suggest, review the other threads about that subject and discuss it with others by PM. Yes, there is freedom of speech but the moderators are also charged with keeping the peace here at AD and while you did not intend it to be so, you are bringing up matters that cause much anger in some. There are many people who are very familiar with the conspiracy theories and agree with them; read the past threads and PM someone for information if he seems knowledgable. I would do so myself but I don't know enough about it. I would also love to discuss it all here in the open but it can cause many problems for the moderators who must deal with the consequences. I hope you understand ... Gerry

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

This is a real tricky one. We have had many discussions like this. They always end up the same way, feelings get involved, fights break out & the thread ends up being closed.
    They ALWAYS go the same way! I figure Neph could see it coming & decided to end it there & then. I know Neph quite well & I know he wouldn't close it without good reason.
    These discussions end up going political & for reasons of sanity I think they are best closed. Not that I agree, I think the ability to have free speech is vital, but the mods are here to nip trouble in the bud, that thread was a train wreck that you could see coming from a mile off!
    I realise this may seem frustrating, but for the good of the forum it is probably the best thing to happen.

5. vaaris

vaaris Guest

I have absolute no doubt the Nephilim is a great moderator.

I just need to know why he what to interrupt normal people to ask from normal people normal questions?

This is very basic and now this issue have risen basic to major. What is so wrong that people are discussing 9/11 issue?

Here in Finland we can talk this issue without any censorship but the main stream media will not talk about it. That's why I need to know what normal american dude is thinking about the issue. What is so bad about that? It is all about free of speech.

This should be very basic according the United States Constitution. Will I have to remind you that still most of the countries of the world follow it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2006
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

remember this is a tech forum not political. don't need any flame wars presently until situation improves.

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

If you had read my post you would have got your answer.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  8. vaaris

vaaris Guest

Moderator ddp, I fully understand you and respect you.

I started my topic in "all other topics" and that is the right place to post this kind of issues. I understand that this is sensitive issue, but still the people of the world have the right of speech.

Yes, Afterdawn.com is a tech forum, but since Afterdawn.com is the biggest global forum in the world, I feel free to disscuss 9/11 issues in the "all other topics" section. Afterdawn.com is definitely with the freedom of speech and that is exactly why I'm the fan of the this site.

I simply cannot believe that my question has cause this kind of entanglement. What is wrong with the world and few of you?

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Because people end up arguing & falling out with each other. That is why these threads are closed. I don't agree with it either, it really sucks that we can't have a sensible discussion, but people just end up shouting at each other! plain & simple.....

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

vaaris, look at the world thru the political climate since the end of ww2. political actions involved in the middle east, cyprus, ireland, the far east & other areas & you wonder what is wrong with this world!!

11. vaaris

vaaris Guest

Moderator ddp, please believe me that I have study the history. This is not the main issue now. The main main issue is the freedom of speech.

What's the problem to let the people to discuss without bigbrother?

Like I have said many times now, I couldn't never even to think about this kind of censorship in afterdawn.com. Tomorrow I will post all of this to Finnish forums just to let people know what kind of censorship we are facing in the world's biggest forum. I also will post this to all the people in management of afterdawn.com. Like Petteri Pyyny. I will not never accept this kind of censorship against normal people. I will contact ordinary US people and discuss with them no matter what you say. With this episode I'm sure more than ever that there is something what the whole world need to know and, ...they will know after we share the information you just tried to black out.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@vaaris - the Moderator's actions & Admins wishes have been explained in this thread and the closed one

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

When will you understand? We can't have discussions about politics because people shout at each other & fall out!

Are you reading any of the posts made? Or are you choosing to ignore what people are saying?

[bold]For the love of God, understand this, it annoys the hell out of the vast majority of people here that we cannot discuss politics. I would love to have a learned debate on politics, but as I have said time & time again, people end up shouting & getting upset!![/bold]

Geez, what the hell does it take to sink in?

14. ireland

ireland Active member

15. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Political discussion isn't accepted anymore as it has occured many times, and it usually gets out of hand and messy, and good members can be unnecessarily be banned.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

17. vaaris

vaaris Guest

@creaky: "do you know who Petteri Pyyny is ? - he's 'dRD', please read ddp's reply again here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/379302/2275711'"

Yes, I know he is the master of afterdawn.com and I have sent email to him. Now it is up to his consideration what we can talk and what we cannot.

If he says that you guys are right, then I'am leaving and won't ever talk this again, but if he says that it is ok to talk with this issue... I think it will change all.

18. ireland

ireland Active member

19. vaaris

vaaris Guest

@ireland, since I'm Finnish I can fully understand what dRD is saying.

I repeat myself: I cannot believe that this subject is a tabu. Explain to me, please. I asked a very basic question and it feels like the whole world is against me? What is going on? Do you really think that basic people like me are eating that without any... I repeat... any explanation?

Dont you get it, i'am with you all! Only thing I'am asking is the truth. I just want to talk with ordinary US people whose have experienced this evil. If we cannot talk it here... so where then? Nowhere? Afterdawn.com is the largest forum in the world.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.