1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would Be The Best Hookup For My 5.1

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Greddy87, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Greddy87

Greddy87 Member

Hey everyone.. I am new to the whole 5.1 surround sound scene.. I have purchased Sony'S DAVHDZ284 5.1 Channel BRAVIA Theatre System with HDMI.. It aint blu-ray but its good enough for me.. I have a 32 Inch Sony Bravia LCD to go with it.. Right now I have Two RC wires to get the sound i need.. From LCD Tv to The 5.1's DVD/ Reciever.. I Do have the ypbpr compoenent and the optical.. I am already using the HDMI input on the tv to the DVD/ Reciever to get the picture.. What would be a better sound option..? Two RC outputs, YPBPR Or Opictical..? Please get back to me, thanks in advance...

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I have no idea what the "RC" wires you're talking about, unless they are the red & white RCA analog cables? Not possible to get 5.1 surround with them, but can get Dolby Pro Logic (simulated surround). The YPbPr cables are video only. The optical is going to be the way to get real 5.1 surround.

3. Greddy87

Greddy87 Member

Thanks for the reply..Yes they are RCA Analog cables..One white, and one red..Its connected to the audio part of the tv straight to the dvd/ Reciever.. I dont have any other equipent.. Therefore I bought a Sony Bravia 5.1 home theatre in a box.. The sound is coming out out my computer, Cable Tv and runs outs of the 5.1 bravia system..Its not true 5.1 because the centre isnt on.. Understable.. Dvd player and Xbox-360 have the 5.1 sound.. im just trying to get the best sound off each system.. Dvd player has HDMI, PBYR for Xbox 360, Analog RCA Computer and Tv..