1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do...?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DarkmanX, May 3, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Chicks dig this one.

[​IMG]

2. Nephilim

I need this in Phoenix traffic.

[​IMG]

This site is hilarious the way they mock the whole SUV trend. It's worth a look. Be sure to click on the order form links, the options are great :)

http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  3. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

That things is the Schwartzenager version of the Batmobile, and that pacer entry is classic. Please, don't anyone put in a Gremlin. The General Lee was cool, but I never heard a Charger sound like the General when you got on the gas. That's the thing; in the movies, all cars, even 4 bangers, sould like they got power!

4. Nephilim

I started out to put up a pic of a Gremlin, but I found better pics of the Pacer :) Both equally tragic.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

1962 Ferrari 250 GTO.....mmmmm hhmmm
    nuff said

6. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

Ferrari's are great to look at, but I wish that had more low end torque. Top speed is good and the engine sounds great.

7. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I changed my mind from the batmobile to something actually available to the public...well available to some of the public-those with millions in disposable income...
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/bugatti.htm
    [​IMG]
    1001 hourspower, 0-60 in 3 seconds, 0-180 in 14 seconds, 250 mph top speed, need I even mention price?

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats a very nice car.

Just a point on Ferraris. Darkman, you mention you would prefer a faster 0-60mph time for the Ferrari's, atleast i take that to be what you meant. What a lof of people forget is that, contrary to a lot of Sports Car manufacturers, 0-60mph is not important at all. America Supercar Manufacturers design cars with amazing straight line acceleration, but that handle like a horse on ice...

The thinking behind all Ferrari's is not how fast they can get the car to go from 0-60mph, as they are not really concered with people who are driving on roads with stop signs and traffic lights (typically were this feature would be used) that have speed limits of 30mph. Every Ferrari is designed to have the fastest 40-100mph performances, race-track performances, and that is why some other cars get a better straight line speed.

Ferrari are undoubtly the best supercars in the woeld :-D

9. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

for me, the speed of the Ferrari has nothing to do with it. It's the prestige of a car company that has for the most part been unchanged since it's beginning. I like the fact that there are no "budget" models, or 50 different commercials telling me why i should buy a Ferrari. I've actually never seen a Ferrari commercial but i'm in the USA. Do they have Ferrari commercials over there? i just like the fact that they make their cars "their way" and dont try to conform to a mainstream just to sell a few hundred more units. with Ferrari it's more like "if you dont like us, screw you go buy a porsche."

10. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hey Neph,
    Dude you really nailed it. Between 68 and 75 nothin said it better than "Dodge". Talkin muscle in an affordable price range. There were others out there as well. Remember the "Chevy's". 396's 427's man it makes me shiver to remember all that great made at home hardware on the steets. Ford had some "Bitchin" rides too. Another great thing about all that muscle is you still see em rollin out from under the tarps or out of the garages nowadays (if your lucky). I wish I had had the forsight to have hung on to a couple of the babes I owned in years gone bye. When I see the stuff out there now I'm thinkin "regression".

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

MSB - i've been reading up on that Bugatti, what an amazing car - truely one that will be hard to ever top. I think it is awsome what they have achieved with it - over 1,000 Horsepower in a road car.....wow

12. G()dz

G()dz Member

1950's studabaker (the ones with the conical grill), with a chopped roof, well lowered and hot rodded to the max :) and an DB9 for a run around :p

13. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

That Bugatti is an awesome car, no doubt. I think it may knock the Maclaren out as the fastest production car built. When I was referring to the Ferrari, I was talking about the torque. It has no low end torque, meaning the car doesn't generate power until it's in the upper rpm range; case in point drive to around 75 mph in 6th gear and drop the hammer, you have to wait for the rpm's to climb to get into the power band or down shift. (I'm sure gearing has something to do with this too)The Zo6 vette has plenty of torque and has 400 horses for a fraction of the cost-granted it doesn't look like the modena.

14. Nephilim

:D Yessir!

I do appreciate the exotics, but my heart lies with the musclecars. They weren't made for high speed handling or finesse. They were made to intimidate at the stoplight and sling your ass back hard when you hit the gas. The sweetest sound known to man is a set of Goodyears screaming for their life and those glass packs shaking your guts!!!!

15. hogan

hogan Regular member

I actually owned a 1976 Pacer. It was all I could afford
    working part time and going to high school. Paid 1700.00 real American dollars for it. Wasn't what you would call a chick magnet, but it got me from point A to point B.
    My next car was a brand new 79 Mazda RX7. I quickly customized and turbo charged that pocket rocket. Fun car.
    Hogan

16. foodbank

foodbank Guest

1993, McLaren F1

That is my dream car.

Designed as a Formula 1 for 2 McLaren F1 feautures a 6.0lt. BMW engine that can reach 60mph in 3.1 seconds.
    The car's production has now stopped, after only some more than 100 F1s were built. So you have to try the used car market in order to get your hands on the world's fastest car...

17. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

if any1 has seen 2 fast 2 ferious...guessing most of u have cuz u like cars...i want the car that the brain guy has in the first face...the blue and white one..

18. buzzoon

buzzoon Member

19. DarkmanX

DarkmanX Regular member

The muscle cars of early years SOUNDED great, but check the 1/4 mile or the 0-60 stats. They averaged in the high 14's to some in the high 13's and the 60 stats were in the mid 6's or high 7's. There are plenty of cars today that run that and are fuel efficient. I know tire technology sucked back then, but if you wish is for the car to blow the doors off of your opponents, a lot of the early muscle card had more bark then bite.

20. Nephilim

True, but nothing else captures the spirit the MOPAR's had in my eyes :) I love them for what they stood for and accomplished in their time.