1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats a good cheap reciever

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by jiggles, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jiggles

jiggles Guest

yo yo whats a good reciever to buy for cheap or a nice one to steal maybe from walmart?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@JIggles: I don't suggest stealing one from Walmart (why get caught shoplifting for stealing junk LOL). I don't know what your budget is but if you need something inexpensive (comparatively), try Radio Shack (believe it or not). They are now selling relatively cheap Yamaha's which sound quite good for the money.

3. jiggles

jiggles Guest

my budget depends on my customers sometimes i got alot of loot sometimes i dont make many deals but i was jk bout stealing somethin lol

so i can get a decent yamaha from radio shack for a decent price?

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yes, you can. I can't imagine anything sounding better for the money. I never investigated the unit because I wasn't in the market for one but they had it playing and it did sound quite good. It certainly doesn't have all the fancy bells and whistles of Yamaha's expensive stuff but it's good surround, good sound with current technology which is what's truly important as is the fact that Yamaha, like Denon, Onkyo and others don't make junk regarless of the price tag. If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can find other, good yet inexpensive AVRs. I'll also take a look at some of the JVC units ... they make some cheap junky stuff but they also make really good models which are a hell of a bang for the buck. I'll try to do a little homework and maybe post some links for you to check out. (Are you in the U.S.? Certain things can change considerably from A/V equipment sold in the UK and those of the U.S.).

5. jiggles

jiggles Guest

yeah im in the us

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@jiggles...given the message in your sig, I sure hope you're an african american using the term). Anyway, I'll try to see what I can dig up.