1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats a good mobo and ram for this setup

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by UrDady, Apr 22, 2007.

1. UrDady

UrDady Guest

Hi all

am planning on building a pc with this specs

e6600

evga 8800gts 320 mb

2 gig of ram (for hardcore gaming)

which is a good mobo and ram for this setup thanks in advance

peace

2. Zeyf414

Zeyf414 Regular member

Besides gaming, what else do you want to do with this build? What is your budget? Will you be overclocking?

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Personally I would go with a Asus or Abit board as both companies are in my opinion the best in the business. But I would also give this board a try....
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188011

The reviewers at the site put it down, but if you read the reviews its more over people having issues overclocking. And in all the magazines I have read this board has gotten rave reviews.

4. UrDady

UrDady Guest

i will use this pc mainly for pc like 99.9% of the time

and yes i might overcloack i was thinking of buying the evga mobo but theres like 5 versions of the 680i but i dont know which to get and whats the defrent between all of them any help will be great
    thanks for the help guyz
    peace

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well after running back over to newegg and looking at the eVGA boards this one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188015 , had the highest user rating. In fact every person who rated it gave it a 5/5. Also I would call it future proof as it supports "Quad-core / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium"

I would go with this board. I have also heard rumors that if your register this board with eVGA, you get a lifetime warranty? Cant confirm this may be worth looking into.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

or you can look in my sig and get some idea's.
    I like MSI boards, i know the one i have can be overclocked as i have done it and it runs stable at 2.4GHz per core as i do not want to push it further. Corsair, OCZ and Crucial all make good memory, you will have to go higher end for anything that is made for the hard core gamer, but i can tell you my system plays F.E.A.R., Counter Strike Source and Rainbow Six Vegas without a hitch.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  7. UrDady

UrDady Guest

i found an open box asus striker for 251 should i get it or look for somthing else

8. UrDady

UrDady Guest

i found an open box asus striker for 251 should i get it or look for somthing else

9. Zeyf414

Zeyf414 Regular member

Do you have a link? I personally stay away from open boxed items. Even NewEgg warns of the chance one takes with these items.

10. UrDady

UrDady Guest

yeah its on newegg i will forget about that but do u think the 240 evga is a good choice or should i look to somthing defrent>?

11. Zeyf414

Zeyf414 Regular member

Some have already given good suggestions. What is your budget? Personally I would go with Asus, Abit, or Gigabyte. There are other good ones as well.

* Keep in mind that if you go Asus they can be very picky about RAM. Go to their website for your particulal choice of mobo and see their memory recommendations.

12. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I would for sure look at a different video card, unless your willing to spend a fair amount of money. That video card is really a mid-ranged and you could do a lot better with a Nvidia 7 series for gaming. The Nvidia 7900 would be a better buy, overclocking it could make it very comparable to the 8800 GTS. I would personally go with the Sapphire X1950XT. Unless your planing to run Vista as your operating system, well thats a different story.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2007