1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats best program 2 convert DIVX/XVID 2 dvd???

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by skyline22, Mar 16, 2004.

1. whassup

whassup Regular member

TMPGEnc has limitations in the if your video is encoded in AC3, you have to extract the .wav file first.

Also, I notice that sometimes TMPGEnc and Mainconcept sometimes has video/audio sync problems.

As for Procoder, it takes the longest time but the results are excellent (video wise) and I never get a sync problem. (It's the fall-back when TMPGEnc doesn't work.)

2. buxton

buxton Regular member

I just dump all audio to MP2 with Virtualdub without seeing if TMPG can decode it, it takes about 40 seconds so isn't worth worrying about.

So far I have done about 25 - 30 DivX to DVD this way, not had one go out of sync.

Procoder is no better in my opinion, I am guessing due to the fact it takes twice as long it encodes 2Pass and 720*480 as standard? You can always set TMPG to that. Plus Procoder costs a fortune to buy, I know people at work with no brains and too much money, I borrowed it, that's how I got to try it. Had to re-install Windows and lost it, haven't felt the need to get it back.

For the price of Procoder I could get a Dual Xeon, then I could put all settings to high and still encode faster than Procoder and Mainconcept.