1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats BETTER and cheaper?? backing games up on dvds or xbox hd???????

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by akuma69, Jan 11, 2005.

1. akuma69

akuma69 Member

whats better? backing up on dvd will require u to transfer from xbox to pc and then burn the game on dvd to play on a modded xbox. will a exucotr 3 chip do the job? and wouldn't it be easier to just mod the xbox and get a bigger hd and just backup on hd. hence no dvds disc needed. whats ur opinions

2. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

I suppose its cheaper to whack files on a larger Hard Drive but seeing as I never bothered to put in a better hard drive I have put all my back ups onto disc.

Works out more expensive but if you ever want to take games over to a friends xbox thats been modded it works easier that way.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well, it can work both ways.

To me, it's more convienent to do it with discs since instead of playing through the dashboard, but that's just my opinion.

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

DVDs make more sense. Sooner or later you will run out of HDD space, then what.. copy to dvd anyways?

I prolly have over 300+ games backed up on DVD/CDRW, and will prolly never get a bigger HDD, no matter how big they can accept.

Plus, the benifit of making Mulit-Game-Discs. Only advantage I see the HDD having is faster loading.

Money wise, DVDs.. whats a 120GB WD HDD go for.. $180 - $200? I recently purchased 500 G04 -r's for $200 on Ebay.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005