1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats better dvd-r or dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by van13, Mar 11, 2007.

1. van13

van13 Guest

I am new to this and i am planning on buying some verbatim dvds i have already made about 50 copies on dvd+r disks but i was wondering what it better. dvd-r or dvd+r... my dvd burner dvd r/rw will dvd-r's even work with my burner?

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If your burner is capable of booktyping the +Rs to DVD-ROMs then they are the best. If you have Decrypter check your burner to see if it can be set to book type. If the +Rs are playing in your standalone players then stick with them and booktype em. If not, the -Rs are more universally tolerated by stand alones. I use +R booktype to DVD-ROMs.

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I'm a DVD+R person, so I'll take any 1st class media: Yuden, Verbatim and Hitachi Maxell (Made In Japan) over any DVD-R any day.

Furthermore, DVD+R can be "booktyped" to DVD-ROM easily -- yes, DVD-ROM is the best and most compatible DVD format to play in all functional DVD players. Fact is, all original DVD movies are pressed as DVD-ROM.

In contrast, if your DVD burner is capable of "booktyping," then it's best to go with DVD+R. As said under my sig; "use 1st class DVD+R media + booktyped to DVD-ROM = free of worries."

4. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Interesting. How is it that you "booktype?" I'm certain my burner is compatible with DVD+R, it's just I have always used DVD-R without much thought to it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you have DVD Decrypter( and you should) open it and choose your burner, go to Tools>Drive>change book type>choose you drive if it appears> follow instructions to book type to DVD-ROM.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

7. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Ok, thanks. What does this do exactly, and how does this make a better burned DVD?

8. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

9. jay2412

jay2412 Guest

what's booktyping?

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007