1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's faster than DVD Flick?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by suave913, Mar 2, 2010.

1. suave913

suave913 Member

I always make dvd's using DVD Flick. I like the ease of use and that it's open source. However, it's so darn slow (at least for me)! Does anyone have any suggestions on the best program to use for dvd's that's easy to use like DVD Flick, but does the job faster? I always appreciate the advice I get in here. I've read stuff about using multiple programs, but is there a single program that can help out someone who just wants to make his dvd's? Thanks in advance, guys!

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Never used DVD Flick but here's a similar thread and I'd suggest ConvertXtoDVD too, probably the best 1 step converter available. Gives a menu but the trial puts a watermark in your video: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/763624 Ulead DVD MovieFactory gives excellent quality (used to use MainConcept, don't know now) with a decent menu but I doubt it's faster, only ever tried avi in it, probably doesn't accept other formats. I've always heard CCE is fast but it outputs mpg and you'd need an authoring program like Ulead, TMPGEnc ,etc. These last two allow multiple passes but increase encoding time.

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

In my experience, ConvertxtoDVD is the fastest...however, not free, and not the best quality. I have done the same movie with DVD FLick, The FilmMachine and Convertxtodvd. ConvertxtoDVD was the fastest, but not the best quality for me. The best speed/quality result was with The FilmMachine , encoding with CCE , with RoBa OPV enabled. It all depends on what you're aiming for...However, if I have multiple titles/streams, and want a menu, I would still stay with DVD FLick, even though ConvertxToDVd would be faster(and not free).

4. scum101

scum101 Guest

lets face it.. convertx has NOTHING to sell it.. it really doesn't... no multi subs (does it even do 1 sert yet?) .. no multi audio.. flick is free and does 4 subs and 4 audio.. and if you are clever at editing the xml menu and disk template files.. multi angles too..

a couple of minutes difference is neither here or there actually.. to transcode properly always takes time.. even with a supercomputer it ran to minutes.... 5 1/2 to be precise.. for 3 hours of video from xvid 640x320 to 720x576 at teh same time..

but you won't have a computer like that.. so stick with the decent free converters and stop worrying about maybe 2 minutes here and there...