1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats going on???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snoopydog, Oct 15, 2004.

1. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

ive tried to back up two more movies (goldemember and mean girls) and i got it shrunk with dvd shrink but the dvd burning program burns it but it doesnt work on my dvd player. my other backups work perfectly on the same dvd player. i did them the same method also. i have legacy dvd-r discs that i recently got from new egg and out of 6 i burned those are the only two this has happened too.

help please

2. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

can someone please respond i tried mean girls again and it somehow worked but goldmember didnt. any help please.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It might be the media. Low quality media is notoriously inconsistent giving some good burns and some bad ones.

High compression levels can also lower compatibility. What compression percentage did you have for the two that gave you problems?

4. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

well i dont know for mean girls but goldmember was high
    im gonna try it will a smaller compression so it doesnt take up the full disc.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Good call. Try a "movie only" copy and see where that gets you. You may want to lower the burn speed as well.

I'd recommend getting some better media too. newegg sells branded RiDATA, which is outstanding media, for a great price.

What make/model burner are you using? What firmware version?

6. Newfee

Newfee Regular member

Don't wanna sound dumb here...when everyone talks about "low compression", do they mean a higher percentage or low percentage?

I'm assuming that if I move the tab all the way to the left (in Shrink), I am increasing the compression of the file. Am I thinking right?

7. bluto1940

bluto1940 Guest

The higher the number in Shrink is more compression and the lower is less. If you move the slider to the left in Shrink it is more compression.

8. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

thanks for the help guys i got it to work. what i did was mad it even more compressed at like 50 percent
    and it worked

thanks for everyones help with this probelm and i say there is a way to backup my eternal sunshine finally.