1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats good besides labels??

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by movies27, Apr 23, 2005.

1. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I used to like to put labels on my dvd's because it made them look more professional but we all know the labels cause playback issues.What's a good way to make your dvd's look a little better instead of writing on them with a sharpie?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The epson r-200 and r-300 inkjet photo printer along with full-hub printable media.

Here's my latest one using the r-200 printer along with verbatim data life plus +8x full-hub printable media:
    [​IMG]

I've only done about 10 or so. Still working on the bugs,but they look great,even the album covers.

There's also silver ink-jet printable media that gives it a special look.

There's a couple of threads in the dvd-r media forum on this printer. Places to download labels/covers/and get all 6 ink cartridges for under $20.

Edit, top picture is my original,bottom is my copy-downloaded from the net. You can get this printer for $80 at sams club,they usually run $100 at staples.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  3. movies27

movies27 Regular member

Saugmon do those labels cause any playback problems such as pauses or skips?

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Of all 10 or so movies I backed up using the epson r-200 printer, Only 1 copy had 1 spot of an instant pixellation that I could barely make out on one copy. It was burned at 4x. Since then,I take my time and keep it at 2.4x. These backups are only played on my very reliable sony dvp ns325 which played everything from my own 4 pc dvd burners,1 home recorder,and several other friends and relatives backups.This is the only issue I have seen from all the various brands/speeds/and formats of all the media I have used in that sony player. The PIE and PIF scans look great from this verbatim full hub printables. Looking at the non-full hub printables,i'll stick with the full hubs. These verb data life plus coded Mcc-003 do run about .70 cents apiece,but well worth it until I get some Ty + full hub printables. I don't know if they make them yet,still searching.

I am very impressed of how good they look and how easy it is to make them. Now all the good cd cover and label sites are shutting down.I'm down to 1 good site out of 4 that I had. I will have to start playing around with my scanner shortly.

I've just got my settings right for the darker movies like House of Flying Daggers-Awesome movie, still working on the lighter movies like Meet the Fockers. We finally got some great new movies this week,it's been a while.