1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's happened to gear?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by weazel200, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

that is the big reason i am cooling it and hanging and posting in the safety valve,been at this since 11-2002...here and at dvdxcopy site and posted way over 10000 posts..i feel burned out.answering the same questions over and over.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

& over & over & over!!!!!

3. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Sure hope gear does decide to come back one of these day, i hate too see it when some of regulars here leave.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Well i guess i can scratch marriage off the list, damn women spoiling the best part of the week, getting away from them and spending time on AD with your mates............Gear come back...
    (dont be cross gwen or binkie7 with my comments i'm sure you have had thoughts about yer partners as well.Noyice you seem to be here more than me these days ladies)

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Maybe gear's wife should create an AD account so that way they can spend time together here at AD. Mrs Taz and Mrs Bubba both created accounts.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

and how do you propose we get her here now that gear is inactive

7. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

If gear comes back then we could pitch the idea to him.

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i have a thought, i do believe he joined our website, let me check to see if there is an email address and then you can email him direct.

9. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

LOCOENG knows his e-mail addy but i don't think it's really up to me to try and persuade him to come back. If he does come back then he'll do so when he's good and ready.

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

as you wish

11. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Thanks anyway andy.

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

no probs

13. MrsGear

MrsGear Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... I don't knwo where to begin. Obviously a lot of you really enjoyed MY HUSBAND's presence and some of you more than faithfully possible. I dont' know what the exact rules are but lets say Gear has broken the rules on this site as well as the sacred vows of our marraige. I'm sure none of you will care being as how I am the outsider, know this...................Our marriage, our family is and has been ripped apart by this and who knows if things can ever be worked out. But also, I knew that this site consumed majority of his time, he didn't have time for me and what hurts more is he didn't have time for his kids. I never told him he couldn't come here, I thought this place was a honest place to learn new stuff about different technology. Obviously it tempted him to get involved with another member, and that is WRONG on so many different levels. I don't know if things will ever work out with us, so maybe he will Return one day.................. BTW blocking his account was his own choice. Please if anything, respect his choice, Respect me as his Loyal wife. Thanks!

14. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

You have my respect, and i'm sure you have the respect of others. We shall leave you in peace. I sincerely hope that you guys work things out.

Good luck to the pair of you, as you are both obviously great people.

-Lethal-

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  15. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

@ MrsGear
    I hope you and gear work things out. Gear is a great guy and the people who knew him have nothing but good things to say about him. He made every one laugh and was one of the family here at Afterdawn. Again I hope your family work things out and maybe we can see gear around here again.

16. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

@ MrsGear hi :)
    dispel this thought from your mind, i/we care much more than a few typed words on the forum can ever say
    if Gear apply's as much energy to you and your family as he did here, you'll come out winners in the end

17. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Hmm, i wasn't gonna comment on this thread, because it seems a bit of a strange one for aD, but i'm going thru a similar thing myself atm, me and my mrs have decided to call it a day after 16 years together, 12 of them married, it's just reached the end of the line, i s'pose. Thing is, aD won't be cited in the divorce proceedings, and so far, i have custody of my pc's and my xbox, and joint custody of my 7 year old son, gotta look to the future, no turning back now, be lucky Gear, i hear ya mate :)

18. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

safc_66 -

Rare treat to see you posting these days. Sorry to hear of the sad news mate. At least you can still see your child. I suppose it makes you realise what is actually important in life.

And at least you still have the PC! ;-) See you on the adbuddies.

Take Care,

Bizzle.

19. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Cheers Bizz, yea, i'll still be on irc, haunting the channel, lol

20. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

MrsGear, i just want you to know that we all respect you very much, just as much as every other member that walks to the unkowns of this site...
    its a shame that gear has left, but as always, family comes first, i will not deprive you of your motives and/or his motives for whatever has happened but i would like to say that i hope things get worked out, but the most important thing is that gear and yourself work things out, if gear never returns it does not matter, as long as everything works out between the two of you...

us, as gears friends (as much as one can be with a total stranger on the net) will support him and yourself through whatever, after all, what are friends for.

and to the rest of you, of course it is a terrible shame that gear has left but all of us are going to leave at some stage, sooner or later,due to unforseen events such as this, but we can do nothing but ask that somebody stay, however when something of this magnitude comes along, we are to have no say, as it is none of our business....

just my 0.02c

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.