1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats method is best for formatting a hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pl3378, Apr 4, 2007.

1. pl3378

pl3378 Member

whats the best method for formatting a hard drive ready for it to be used in an xbox?

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

we need a little more info. are you running softmod or hardmod?? either way, download a file called aid 3.0(auto installer deluxe 3.0) just like slayers but i think it is better than slayers, it never crashes or gives me errors once. once you have aid 3.0 loaded, you can do everything from there. only diff with a softmod is that the box needs to be softmodded(obviously) in order to use the aid 3.0 disc. but always remember once formatted do not reboot until everything is setup, like all your dashboards and shit are installed. just in case make a copy of your eeprom.bin, c and e folders(if running softmod). just in case you mess up, you can rebuild the hd.

3. acidy

acidy Regular member

Wait Wait pl3378. Please before jumping into any conclusion, for formatting your hard-drive, you need to first have a mod-chip.
    Then you can use "Slayer's EvoX Auto Installer" to format your hard-drive. :)

4. pl3378

pl3378 Member

sorry just to give a little more info, i have already installed an 80gb hard drive that i want to remove and put the stock drive back in, i then want to put the 80gb into a friends xbox and was wondering how to format it first, both are soft modded

5. acidy

acidy Regular member

Its a softmodded xbox ???? Don't use a slayers evox auto installer then.
    You might destroy your xbox HDD and may be even your xbox.
    You'd better use the AID 3.0 (Auto Installer Deluxe). It can be found on any torrent web-site :)