1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best anti-virus software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by aditek, Jan 28, 2007.

1. aditek

aditek Member

hello everyone i am curious of buying an anti-virus.theres so many of them.i just want to know which one is good for my computer..

2. chen2

chen2 Member

Symantec Antivirus

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I like Norton's Internet Security that is made by Symantec. If you wish to get some freeware Avast Anti Virus and AVG are the best out there. I would choose Avast over AVG cause it has a stronger protection than AVG.

4. aditek

aditek Member

thanks borhan 9.well i think i will go with symantec.i really dont know whats wrong wid my comp.i got it back from best buy coz they change my hard drve and when i got it it was fine couple days after something happen..when i go to some website it wont open its pure blank iono wat happen?

5. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

6. aditek

aditek Member

bunny c thanks alot.so i will try this things u posted here.but do i have to disable my norton virus and my spysweeper?and turn off my window firewall to be able to use some other software u reccommended
    how many firewall and spysweeper i could use?i know i could only use one anti virus.but for spysweeper and firewall can i used 2?thanks for ur time!!!!

7. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

but do i have to disable my norton virus and my spysweeper?and turn off my window firewall to be able to use some other software u reccommended
    how many firewall and spysweeper i could use?i know i could only use one anti virus.but for spysweeper and firewall can i used 2?thanks for ur time!!!!

It depends,some programs work better together than others allowing you to run more than one antivirus at a time but you shouldn't run more than one firewall at a time unless the other firewall is "windows firewall".
    Norton is known not to work very well with other programs,but when i posted the previous post,i was expecting you to have not bought an antivirus yet.

8. aditek

aditek Member

well,i am using norton virus but it came with my comp.i think its a 3months trial.and i had spysweeper for awhile so i installed it back on my computer.whats the best ting to do.should i get 2 kinds of firewall?thank u again!!sorry i think im givin u a headache

9. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

should i get 2 kinds of firewall?thank u again!!sorry i think im givin u a headache
    You're not giving me headache at all,I'm here to help.

I wouldn't run two firewalls at the same time unless on of the two firewalls is "windows firewall",reason being that windows firewall isn't very powerful, so it won't affect the process of the other firewall running.

well,i am using norton virus but it came with my comp.i think its a 3months trial.and i had spysweeper for awhile so i installed it back on my computer.

I've never been a fan of norton because it uses to much Ram
    and doesn't always detect dangerous viruses.

If i were you,I'd erase norton and follow the guide i gave you a link to,but that's me.

10. aditek

aditek Member

well ill try n see the one u posted..thanks!!!