1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best cdr

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by joe123, Mar 21, 2003.

1. joe123

joe123 Guest

Whats the best CD-R disc for ATAPI CD-R/RW 4X4X32X, i dont know the brand but how would i find out

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. joe123

joe123 Guest

you didnt answer my question, i wanna know what is the best cdr for ATAPI CD-R/RW 4X4X32X

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

First of all "ATAPI CD-R/RW 4X4X32X" doesn't mean anything. ATAPI is not a brand of the drive, all IDE connected drives are ATAPI.

Second of all, a high quality CD-R performs at high quality in any drive.

5. joe123

joe123 Guest

ok thank you, how do i find the brand of the writer

6. jase

jase Guest

Your CD writer is a Philips 4401.

This writer is VERY picky with media, therefore the usual recommendations do not apply. The situation is further complicated by the fact that Philips haven't updated the firmware in god knows how long, so MOST media will burn at 2x and not 4x.

I would suggest a cyanine (blue) disc type if possible, as the drive is old and doesn't respond well to phthalocyanine (gold/yellow) media.

However, a pack of 100 CDRs is probably worth more than your drive. I'd suggest selling it on ebay and buying a new, more modern design CDRW. Doesn't need to be quick, 16x+ will be good enough. Something like a LiteOn or an LG. Then you'll be able to write to ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING at 4x or above which you can't do with the current writer.

7. joe123

joe123 Guest

thank you very much