1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats The Best Concert or Musician seen???

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by cincyrob, Mar 12, 2007.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I unfortunately missed the hay day of my favorite period of music...

*Metallica (Black album tour 92)
    ------>Candlebox and Suicidal Tendencies opened.
    ------>Alice in Chains was a no show, that who I went to see.
    *Dave Matthews Band 2000
    *Disturbed, 3 Doors Down and many more at Wavefest in Charleston SC...STP headlined and rocked the house, 2003 I think.
    Ben Harper 3x
    Tool Lateralus Tour Charlotte NC
    Jack Johnson 2X
    Govt Mule

I'm also hindered by not having a large city near, so no big show come my way.

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

LOCOENG, i saw Ben Haper with Gov't Mule (Warren Haynes is God lol) and the String Cheese Incident a couple years ago kickass show!!

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

They were great....both excellent shows. I saw them together in a small auditorium, I was in the third row left of center of the stage...great seats.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@Gerry1........ I still have most of my ticket stubs, too! I have 2 tickets (unused) for YES at Nassau Collosium because I had a college professor block his students from going to the concert threatening us with failing grades if we ditched out of his class that night! I was pissed but then again I kept the tickets! LOL And the Rascals were very cool in concert! GOOD LOVIN'! I also saw THE DOORS! I was a big head then, if you know what I mean.

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

a big head. you mean you was on peoples walls back then..lol just messin with ya IHOE..

the wife wants me to take her to see Justin Timberlake next month... i just think im gonna have a bad case of the runs when that comes around...lol

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@cincy........ you know if you don't take her ...... she will go with someone that will! be careful, man! YOu don't mess around with a woman's wants and needs! take care of her or she will take care of herself, with or without you! I talk from experience!

7. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

About a year ago Glen Danzig Blackest of Black tour, had a 1/2 hour set of old Misfits songs that hadnt been played in 10+ years, and the original guitar player from the band came out for the "reunion".
    I seen the whole show from backstage, being I played drums with an opening band.
    Also Red Hot Chili Peppers, in 1991
    right before Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins got famous because both opened.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  8. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Vinny Appice will be playing drums, the other bands playing are Megadeth and Machine Head.

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@aabbccdd
    Last I heard they were still going to do the 2nd US tour but all dates have been rescheduled until Danny can play again.

I was hoping they'd tour somewhere by here again but doesn't look like they are. No Indy dates either.

Man lots of good bands in this thread - seen quite a few of them in concert too. Ah the memories :)

10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

thats cool Vinny is actually a better drummer than Ward anyway and did several Black Sabbath album with Iommi . Iommi and Butler were always the backbone of Black Sabbath even though Ozzy got all the attention.

binkie7 , hopefully Tool gets to the Indianapolis area but i doubt it very much

Deadrum33 that would of been a cool show .i saw Danzig in 1991 in a small club here local was in the front row and Glen pulled me up on stage to share the vocals for a few minutes lol. Danzig original line line was badass Glenn Danzig (vocals); John Christ (guitar); Eerie Von (bass); Chuck Biscuits (drums). i remember Chuck stood up to play his kit

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  11. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

So many, so many to choose from.

My favorite band is Zeppelin, but Zeppelin didn't come to my city very often during their primetime. Although I did see Plant Page around 96'. Very good.

@Loco
    I actually think the 88' Metallica And Justice...Tour was their best. The Cult opened up(Fire Woman). It was no doubt the longest I've see Metallica play.

I still believe the most memorable was Stevie Ray in 87'. He played a very intimate outdoor theater about 3,000 seats.

Strat

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Damn I wish I'd been able to see Stevie Ray but no such luck. I'm wondering if anyone here as ever seen a guy named Rory Gallagher from North Ireland ... probably the only Irish blues guitarist in his day. He died in the mid 80's (I think it was then anyway but it was a promising Career cut short).

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

14. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

I'm going to pretend I did not read this! lol

Guy's check out Jimmy Thackery when you get a chance. Saw him in a blues club here in KC a few years ago.
    http://www.jimmythackery.com/

Strat

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@aabbccdd....will do. Looked at the website right quick and saw that he sometimes plays with finger pics ... a dying art!

16. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

o_O... i am so jealous right now...

17. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

In Memoriam of Brad Delp

Boston the Third Stage Tour 86'

Strat

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@IHOE

looks like the wife is going to see Justin Timberlake. gonna have to get real sick.. will have to start another thread.. worst concert/musician seen..lol

19. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

OAR at madison square garden

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest