1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats The Best Concert or Musician seen???

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by cincyrob, Mar 12, 2007.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Rob you couldn't pay me enough to go see Justin Timberlake but thats your call since its your wife that wants to go. maybe you can talk her into going with her girlfreinds lol

2. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

I would rather DIE than have to suffer through a Justin Timberlake concert!

Other great concerts I have seen would be

ZZ Top
    Kiss
    Iron Maiden
    Kid Rock, my wifes favorite
    Metallica a number of times! In the old days, would not waist my money now. They played a live show in Newark DE at a bar in the early 80's, me and my friends listened from outside as we were still teenagers.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  3. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

You know since Rob is man enough to say he's going to see Justin Timberlake, I guess I will admit I saw Duran Duran on their Reflex Tour??? A good friend of mine was a ticket scalper in High School. Yes I used to call him Damone.....Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

He had a couple of tickets left over he couldn't get rid of so we went.....for about an hour. Best part was the chicks there!!

Strat

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@fatsrat

hey nothing wrong with duran duran back then in the 80's that wasa a chick haven...lol i was there also... and was hungry like a wolf..

now as far as being man enough to admit to going to the justin timberlake concert...lmao. i never said i was going i just said the wife is going.. i told her to take a gal she works with...lol

how ya like that aabbccdd.... i might have paid for the tickets but im not paying for going to it...lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang i forgot all about KID ROCK... devil without a cause tour was awsome. he didnt have the big head yet put on a great show.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

with that midget dude lol

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yup little joe..lol

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@cincy....make the whole thing a sappy romantic affair and you'll have her eating out of your hand for a week.

9. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Timberlake?
    For love, I went with my wife (she wasnt at the time but), to see "The Artist formerly known as Prince" who is now Prince again.
    I changed work shifts to go, worked the night shift then up all day, made it to the show, had 2 beers and fell asleep during the main act.

10. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Oh man have seen so many, the wildest was Grand Funk RailRoad at Shea where the stands almost calapsed.

The most memorable, was Elvis

The most enjoyable was The Alman Bros.

11. DADEO1

DADEO1 Regular member

I hope it's ok to post a link, if not I apologize. I have enjoyed this site for countless hours with more to come. You might like it to, there are endless hours of recorded live concerts to listen to. Many of the bands talked about here are in this site.
    http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now i would addmit to seeing Prince.. dude is so underated as a musician(Guitarest)in my eyes...

as far as JT goes. the wife went with her GF from work. she said PINK opend for JT, and she said PINK was awsome. she did 2 Janis joplin tunes.

14. JVC

JVC Active member

I learned about Wolfgang's Vault, a few months ago. They did a story on it, on "CBS Sunday Morning" tv show. It was different back then. It was more like a radio station, that played a lot of classic rock, you don't normally hear on the radio. It's ok now, but not as good as it was.......

Here is a blues band that isn't too bad. Look who plays lead guitar and sings.
    http://www.stevenseagal.com/

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  15. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

@aabbccdd
    Iron Maiden.......aahhhh
    How did I not mention them!!

I think the Powerslave Tour was the best. We had floor seats, 12th row??? I'm thinking....Queensreich opened..

Anyway, I haven't picked up the new album yet, I hope they come my way this year, saw them for the Brave New World album, very good!!

Strat

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

fatstrat, the new album is good kinda has a progressive feel to it.

yeah the Powerslave tour was there best i have the Live After Death Tour at Long Beach Arena 1985 on dvd great stuff watch it all the time

17. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

where to start...

First ever concert was Gratfeul Dead and Allman Bro's at RFK in Wash DC in 1973...have seen the dead/jerry/bob weir/variuos combos over 350 times...

metal - sabbath, ozzy, iron maiden, dokken, motorhead...and so many more...

punk - DK's, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Void, Faith, Scream, Iron Cross, Deadline, Gang Green, Jerry Kids, FU's, SSD, The Freeze, DYS (pretty much any band between DC and Boston)

Favorite all time show(s) - Gong, Mothergong, NY Gong, Gongmaison...etc...

Misc - Jean Michele Jarre (tour between Oxygene and Equinox)

18. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Now I understand where your handle stems from...

19. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@sillycybe
    RFK - right in my neck of the woods.

Used to love going to concerts and games there.

Think the last concert I saw there was The Rolling Stones.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dont remembr where it was but it was in washington dc somewhere we saw AC/DC. dander danger came on first, then slaughter... think it was 1988... danger danger was better then the other 2. even AC/DC...heatseeker tour i think it was. angus came on stage up through a big missle. yes head was just a banging like allways..lol