1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best dvd menu creator?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by barcs2002, Dec 10, 2003.

1. barcs2002

barcs2002 Member

Whats the best DVD menu creator money can buy, you know the software dvd designers use to design stuff like the menus on the matrix dvds.

2. koola

koola Guest

TMPGEnc DVD Author, I works for me lol!

3. rah

rah Member

DVD-Lab Very customisable, you can add your own buttons etc to the tools etc, you can either start with a template or a blank menu and start from there creating your own menu from scratch, does Motion menu's Motion Buttons etc

4. barcs2002

barcs2002 Member

Thanks for the replys guys, i know TMPGEnc DVD Author is good ive got it, and ive heard about DVD lab, but what i want to know is whats the very best you can get that profesionals use. There must be more powerfull aplications.

5. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

I don't have any experience with these as they are out of my price range for this type of software

Sonic has a professional dvd suite which is about $1000.
    http://www.sonic.com/products/dvdproducer/features.asp

Sony has a suite (vegas) which is on sale from $999 to $799.
    http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/ShowProduct.asp?PID=810

I bet the stuff like the matrix menus aren't created on commercial software-- it is probably custom software made for the studios---I don't think the guys at warner bros went to the store to get their dvd authoring suite to make menus.

6. malum

malum Regular member

I use DVD Architect (part of Sonys Vegas suite as mentioned above)

I only use it for home movies that I am putting on DVD as I don't want menus on my commercial DVDs.

It is very good and easy to use but it is not a professional package, that any studio would use