1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best HDTV LCD or Plasma TV for 800 or less??

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by dipset121, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dipset121

dipset121 Regular member

Please help me out thats my budget limit I can't go any higher and I don't want anything smaller than a 37 inch. Any Help would be appreciated.

I will be using the set for xbox 360, watching movies, and just standard def channels with my g/f. Any and all help is appreciated.

The connections I am looking for are

HDMI
    Component
    and maybe VGA

Lastly in the set has PIP that would be pretty cool as well but its not a neccesity.

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Hmm, with a budget like that you might find it quite hard to pick up a decent 37" tv.

Search Newegg or Best Buys website for any deals they might be running. Most tv's these days come standard with those inputs.

Update: PHILIPS 37PFL5332D/37 is going for 899, it's definately a nice tv for the price.

If screen size isn't an issue and you could go bigger, I would save up a few more bucks and get a bigger tv. You can find plenty of nice size LCD's for around 1200. IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  3. talltrees

talltrees Guest

You can have a look at the Olevia 242T 42 inch 16:9 8ms 720p LCD HDTV, the price has dropped from $1000 to $800.