1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHats the best lcd hdtv or plasma for playing xbox 360

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SPIKISH, Oct 25, 2006.

1. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

whats lcds or plasmas do u guys own and really recommend for me to buy for playing my xbox 360 generally?

2. emachine

emachine Guest

Don't plasmas have burn in problems with games?

3. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Samsung tvs of any type.

Samsung and Microsoft teamed up to test the 360's hardware. All final adjustments where made using Samsung equipment (video processors). So in thoery the 360 will look its best on Samsung tvs.

Ced

5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

yup, samsung. at e3 it was all samsung t.v. I got LG and they're really good too.

6. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

hey you guys really rock, both tvs were real nice eatsushi , but i might just end up with the samsung :)

i asked on my next post if my hdtv needed to have an integrated tuner to be able to enjoy high definition graphics on the xbox 360 and the guy told me no, is this correct? Or will an hdtv with no tuner have the same clear and crisp graphics??

thanks guys

7. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

what u guys think about samsung dlp's , its got a 2500:1 contrast , or these dlp's any good or should i stick to lcd

8. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

The dblbogey7 dude is right - no need for a tuner to enjoy the 360 in HD. The 360 puts out the HD signal through the component connections - just choose the component input in your HDTV.

9. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

thanks alot u guys rock

10. wheatking

wheatking Member

Samsung? I thought a lot of their DLP TV's suffered from gaming lag...

11. tnarulz

tnarulz Member

12. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

could gaming lag possibly be affected by tv's , isnt it distinquished by the modem speed. how do tvs have a factor in this

13. diabolos

diabolos Guest

They don't. The only technology that can affect gaming is the Flat-panel LCD technology. The LCD technology use to suffer from having a horrible refresh rate but now they all refresh in 8ms or less so there is no issues with fast action.

Ced

14. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Other than LCD's you mentioned DLP t.v. For rear projection I would recommend something from Sony's SXRD line. I've got the KDS 60A2000 and use it for gaming/movies. I'd say that it looks almost as good,if not as good, as some of the current gen plasma/LCD displays with good black levels. It's got HDMI inputs and true 1080p display, up to 10,000:1 contrast. With DLP's and LCoS tech there is no risk of burn in and maybe you save a few bucks over the LCD's.

15. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

thanks chiknltl ima look into that

16. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

thanks chiknltl ima look into that