1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best program for ex rental dvd backups?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrmont, Mar 30, 2003.

1. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi i want to make a back up of some exrental dvds ive baught, i want all the extras etc. ive been using dvdxcopy which is great for doing backups of my dvds i got from shops like (hmv, ourprice), but when i try to backup my exrentals from blockbusters the pictures are all messed up and no sound, any ideas? thanks..

2. ddino

ddino Member

I have this question also. Haven't heard anything about fixing it thought. Please let me know what you find out.

3. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

dvd2one, instant copy

4. mrmont

mrmont Guest

i tried that dvd2one but found the quality a bit poo, is that the only way? i dont mind using 2 dvdrs i just want the quality and the extras thanks..

5. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

if you want the extras as well, dvd2one or instant copy is the only why i know to go at the moment, as doing the extras will cause more quality loss, as you are techincally reducing a dvd9 format to dvd5 format and compressing the the main movie to fit the extras on as well. The question to ask to you really need the extras, 7 out of 10 dvds the extras are just commentries, pictures and a couple deleted scenes. Any way happy hunting i am sure somebody will crack it in the end.

6. mrmont

mrmont Guest

thanks sheepy
    1 more thing,ive copied my own dvds that ive baught they still had protection and dvdxcopy removed it so why cant it remove rental protection is that protection superdooper?

7. KevSan

KevSan Member

mrmont

If the rental copy protection is superdooper then I'm sure some of the more "flexible" (in a legal sense) posters to these forums would have raised hell about it by now.

For what it's worth, I have sucessfully backed up ex-rental DVD's I've purchased with no problems.

One solution to your desire to get everything onto your backups - Use Smartripper to get the main feature files, use DVD2ONE to make sure it fits onto one disc - then burn using Nero or Similar.

Once that is done, rip the other files and burn them to a second disc.

8. mrmont

mrmont Guest

cheeres mate i suppose i can do without the extras then, is there a tutorial for this smart ripper and dvd2one or is it easypeasy?

9. KevSan

KevSan Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2003