1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best software for making ps2 dvd backups

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrmonty, Mar 21, 2003.

1. mrmonty

mrmonty Guest

hi i have all the tools i need to do the job, pioneer dvr-ao5,toshibia dvd rom,liteon 48xwriter, just the software im trying to use prassiprimo with psxengine 358 update just keeps getting error 9 so is there another tried and tested software i could use.. thanks for any help..

2. princy1

princy1 Guest

I used to get the same problem using Prassi Primo which is a good piece of software but in my opinion not the best for PS2 Dvd backups.The problem is a runtime error and is fixed with an update download from the Veritas website. As for the best software for PS2 I use Stomp Recordnow Max, and have yet to have a bad backup. Just be sure to use decent media as the PS2 is pretty fussy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2003
  3. mrmonty

mrmonty Guest

hi thanks for that princy you couldnt email me a tutorial could you coz im not the brightest person in the world ,do i need any addons or updates for stomp record now. do you know where i can get a tutorial cheers mate... also im using infiniti discs 1x

4. princy1

princy1 Guest

Once you open the program, it starts with a wizard, and it gives you options to "Make an exact copy of a disc". This will be the option you use whether it be Cd or Dvd format, it really is that simple. And no you won't need any updates, I'm using version 4.50 and works perfect straight off, I assume you have had your PS2 modchipped?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2003
  5. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi princy it gets to 98% then just parks up and does nothing,it still reading the disc and burning but the timer has ran out, and i left it for over an hour it just stayed on 98% any ideas im trying to backup my medal of honor frontline which is an EA game

6. princy1

princy1 Guest

Hi Mrmont, you said in your first message in the thread you have a Pioneer 105/A05 and a Toshiba Dvd drive. Which drive are you using to read the disc? It is possible that the point where the disc is having trouble reading is where the copy protection is on the disc. If you weren't already using the Pioneer drive try it. It should be able to read the entire disc without any long pauses. An average reading of a source PS2 disc takes about 25 mins or so. If this fails try visiting the Veritas site and see if there are any updates available for the version you have installed.

7. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi princy i was using the toshibia cd rom to read and the pioneer a05 to burn, anyway i left it for about 2 hours after the time had ran out then it said disc complete click if you want to make another etc. im copying off the fly from toshiba to pioneer that should still be ok should'nt it cheeres for the help mate i appreciate it..alan

8. princy1

princy1 Guest

You don't really want to try to copy a Dvd format disc on the fly as there is a hell of a lot of information to read and write. Depending also on your setup, are the two drives on different IDE busses? (which for copying on the fly they need to be). But also if they do have their own busses does either share the bus with a hard drive? Your best bet although it may seem to save time is to use the Pioneer drive to read and write, although I don't know which model the Toshiba drive is I would bet the Pioneer is a better and more reliable reader. Although E.A. games do heavily protect their games against piracy they are a long shot from bullet proof, I've had little to no trouble backing up any other releases by E.A., so wouldn't think that there is anything any different on Medal of Honor.

9. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi princy when the wizard comes up i select exact copy and at no point does it say copy to harddrive i just get step 1 insert disc you want to copy step 2 insert blank disc when i goto change drive it only comes up with my 3 cd/dvd drives is there somthing im missing? sorry to be a pain

10. princy1

princy1 Guest

Hi Alan, don't worry about it. When you start the program and it comes up with the wizard, "make an exact copy". At the next screen, at the bottom of the main window, you will see a white outlined box saying "Device to read from" and a button to change the device. Click this until it selects your Pioneer drive. Click "Next" and it will go to the next screen which will ask you to select a recorder. Click the button marked change and it will bring up a pop up window to select the Pioneer drive. Once you have done this it will automatically copy the disc to your hard drive, just make sure you have enough free space in the temp folder for it to store the disc there. Obviously you will have to take out the original and put in a blank once it has finished reading but the whole process shouldn't take more than about an hour or so.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2003
  11. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi princy mate yes i did it thanks i made a backup and it worked cheeres, but it still got to 98% in less than 12 miniuts then seems to stop for about anhour then comes up disc complete, anyway it still worked thanks alot mate alan...
    p.s does it delete the file itself after burn is complete? or do i do it?.

12. princy1

princy1 Guest

It should delete the file automatically, but it will overwrite it with your next project, and then the next etc..If you need to delete it you can find where it stores the temp file by opening the main program goto tools, options then temporary. Just delete the contents, not the file itself. If it came up with "disc complete" then it must have made a good copy, it just seems to have taken a bit longer at 98% to decrypt a piece of awkward data or something. Good luck!!

13. mrmont

mrmont Guest

your a scholar and a gentleman thanks for all ya help, no doupt ill pick your brains again some time, alan...