1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best solderless modchip???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bigniggy, Mar 10, 2004.

1. bigniggy

bigniggy Member

What kind of modchip can I get that is solderless? Also....... can I use all the same software and programs that I used on the chameleon LE S (Solderless) modchip for this modchip, or do I need to spend hours finding new dashboards and all that. Thanks for the help guys (and girls).

2. egr

egr Guest

not sure what you are looking for, but that new xenium is pretty cool and is solderless. i got one a few weeks back from modwhiz pretty fast/reliable.

egr

3. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

wots he problem with soldering? buy an xecuter and a £5 soldering iron.

4. bigniggy

bigniggy Member

Icarbutt did I not say I dont want to solder? Do you even read the threads? PAY ATTENTION!

5. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

then why in gods name do u want a solderless chip, they come lose and are not as good as xecuters, and yes i do read theads quite a lot, on quite a lot of sites, trying to help people, and stop them from buying stupid chips, giving them files and guides, i was mearly trin to stop u from buying an inferior product, so dont give me SHIT god dammit

6. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

solderless chips aren't crap or inferior. They are just for people who can't solder lol. They do tend to come loose although i havent had any probs with them, but i do like solder chips better because i have recently installed one for a friend and he can take his xbox along with him withough worrying about the chip coming loose. if you buy an executer chip the solderless version would be the 2.3lit+. for this chip you would have to find the bios, dashboard etc...

7. ten80

ten80 Member

look @ my signature :p

And just FYI I can solder and the reason I chose to go solderless is so I can easily rip out my mod chip and re-sell if i want too install it in a diffrent xbox that i'm planning on visually modding anyway :p

8. bigniggy

bigniggy Member

Icarbutt are you still talking? To who, yourself?

9. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

Solderless modchips are not crap. I have installed dozens of them. I like the option of uinstalling the chip and installing a new one. As for them coming loose... I haven't experienced that or any of my customers... unless you throw your Xbox around like a football you shouldn't have issues. I even took my Xbox places with no problems and dropped it a couple times (by accident during transport :) ). Just make sure the contact points are clean and the chip is screwed down tight. I'd like to stay away from the soldering because of the risk of having a bad soldering job which can screw with your system. If you are an expert and want to solder..go right ahead.