1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the Best tv connector

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by laudern, Feb 9, 2004.

1. laudern

laudern Member

hey all

i just got a tv out card and im really confussed as to which tv connection is the best type, as i dont even know their individual names!

The type of connection that came with my graphics card is just a black small circle that looks like a ps2 connection your mouse would usually fit into....My tv also has one of those connection so i can use it.....But i was wondering if the normal Yellow hole connections you see on all tv's these days are better than that little black hole ive got....

cause if the yellow hole is better would i just be able to get a converter and it will improve (if yellow is better) the quality to a yellow hole connection

2. KennyF

KennyF Member

Hi Laudern

The "best connector" is without any doubt the black one which is a SVHS connector - assuming we are talking picture quality.
    Using this connector, the colour and black/white signal is divided into 2 different wire's. They will then (inside your tv) follow separate signal paths and be mixed together much closer to the point where the system no longer can handle anything else than the complete signal. The advantage of these separated signals is that when they are not "on the same road" they can not interfer and be mixed up with each other (cross modulation).
    Kenny

3. Murphy71

Murphy71 Guest

Could you give me some ideas on the maximum length of the TV-out cables? I have a MSI K7N2G-ILSR mobo with onboard Nvidia nForce2 chipset. The board comes with a bracket that allows either RCA or S-Video cabling. I'm estimating that the PC is about 25' from the TV I would like to play movies on from my computer DVD player/recorder. I can get a pic, but it seems to be picking up interference from the computer??
    Any suggestions sure would be appreciated -- this is driving me crazy trying to get a decent picture
    Thanks in advance -- Murphy