1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to convert an OGM video to MKV?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by hammerhx, Dec 23, 2010.

1. hammerhx

hammerhx Member

Is there any program that can convert from OGM to MKV, with all the audio tracks and without loss to the video quality?

And can anyone reccomend a program that can merge MKV files?

Thanks in advance!

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

just rename it.. ogm is a valid format to put inside a mkv wrapper

3. hammerhx

hammerhx Member

I just tried, and it didn't work.

4. Trismegis

Trismegis Member

If you don't mind recoding the video and/or audio, I would recommend using staxrip. You can add or transcode two audio streams, but if you are wanting to add subtitle/subpicture streams, I really haven't figured out a way to do it yet unless you encode the video with staxrip and mux the 264 file into MKV with the audio and sub streams using mkvmerge. As ps355528 said, you *should* be able to mux it with mkvtoolnix, but if the video is corrupted or something you may need to recode it. If you can extract the video and audio streams, you should be able to mux it using the gui version of toolnix. Or, like I said, you can recode the entire thing with staxrip and that should work although it will take longer. If you're still having problems, let me know more specifically what they are, and I'll see what I can do to help.

5. u4ia74

u4ia74 Member

Seriously?... lol

You can at least suggest googling "ogm to mkv"
    There are many free programs that can convert ogm to mkv, or demux ogm, and then remux to mkv. Like OGMTools, and MKVtoolnix. And several GUI front-ends for those, as well.