1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to make Money in real life?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by vgaddict8, Mar 30, 2006.

1. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Buddy this may have been said already but find something you love to do and chase after it.

I love painting it's fun,challenging,relaxing,constructive and best of all if I fail I will always have a good hobby that I could teach others about some day,plus at least I will always have my paintings even if they don't sell :)

Find your strengths and persue them the same way.What do you like?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  2. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

not really you guys, 25cent comic book 20 years ago now cost $300. Rare comic. So if you spend about 5 bucks that's 20 comic = 6,000
    I think 5 bucks 40years laster = to $6000 is a good deal.
    Need a proof that some comic is worth more than $300? i'll give you a link if you don't belive me.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the thing is, it's hard to judge which comics will become worth something and which won't. plus you have to go through the expense and trouble of keeping them in *mint* condition. additionally, comic production has gone up higher than it's ever been. which means it will take longer for the same stuff to become worth something. to make money now, you'd have to invest in stuff that's already valuable. and as the rate shows, yearly growth in price is minimal.

there's a lot more to collecting than just buying shit and leaving on a shelf. only the lucky ones get money that way. it's more of a science--like all science, it requires time, effort, and development. something tells me few on this thread are willing to put out properly to meet the requirements.

4. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Yep this is why comics aint worth sh!t nowadays.I had this problem with baseball cards.I thought I would make a huge profit but they are mass produced and are always in perfect condition out of the pack.

Not only were baseball cards produced far less but they were considered worthless at the time and people put them in the spokes of bicycles and trashed them making the mint copies further rare.People now know about comics and cards so they take care of them ,but you will find your mint copy is a dime a dozen:)

5. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

tycoob...the only thing that makes life "bareable" for me is videogames. My life goal is to do something with videogames....the problem is I hate programming so I hope to do something along the lines of videogame advertisment or something like that. I rather kill myself than become a programmer.....programmers have no freakin life!!! I really want to try studiotraffic because I heard it's a quick and easy way to make money....but you have to invest money first.