1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the deal with DVD Decrypter?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by IHoe, Jun 3, 2005.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I noticed that http://www.dvddecrypter.com/ is not running? what happened? does anyone know? It's such a great program....... I hope that they still have updates when a new encryption comes along! It seem that whenever I find something that really works great...... something happens to make that program disappear!!! DVDXCopy Plat was great....... but now it's gone...... did the same thing happen to DVD Decrypter??? or are they just overhauling it?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

probably just overhauling the website... no ddoubt it'll be back shortly

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well........ shortly???? it's been a couple of days now! I worry about stuff like this cause I seen it happen all too often! Something good comes along and now it's not available for updates and then when a new encryption happens the good ole DVD Decrypter is obsolete! Figures....... I finally found something that works great and now it's not here anymore! Let's just hope that it's just an update on the Website and not a shut down from BIG BROTHER!

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

maybe they have server issues or are updating their servers.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I guess if it still goes on for a week or so we will know! right?

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I don't think it's down for good, at least I hope not.

That would really suck huh?

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

more than just suck!!!! I think it would really bring things back to the dark ages without any candles!

8. creaky

nope it would be worse than that. i'd have to buy anydvd

:)

9. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

:)

anydvd is the best money i've spent so far on a software program~ while we each have our different backup procedures buddy creaky, it is well worth the $40 i paid~ decrypter usually gets the job done, but, i haven't had to use decrypter in a long time...just dvd shrink w/ anydvd in the background~ happy burning~ :)

it should be back up soon, since it IS a great program~ dvd decrypter :p

10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Hey...... I love DVD Decrypter.......and DVD Shrink...... and CopytoDVD........all these programs work like a charm........ no problems and 100% success rate! NO COASTERS since I started burning with these proggies. I just don't want to see DVD Decrypter go to the wayside like DVDXCOpy Platinum. That used to be my program that did it all. But even in it's hay day I got coasters from it. Now with the others I don't ever settle for anything but the best backups ever! They give the best quality video and audio!

11. matt72

matt72 Regular member

dvd decrypter, DVD Shrink and anydvd followed by burning with clonedvd. Dang it i'm almost outta my new favorite media. Oh did I forget to mention TY TY TY Taiyo Yuden of course :) Anydvd was a good investment as opposed to dvd xcopy platinum which is now collecting dust.

12. tony7914

tony7914 Guest

looks like there forums are down too.....anyone know how to get hold of Lightning or one of the mods?

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Wha!!! Do my eyes deceive me? Creaky buy AnyDVD? LOL

14. creaky

lmao.

i do get a tad annoyed with software purchases, but only at work. Not too long before our parent company went to the wall, we bought a half million pound software product, which we had discounted to under 200 grand. Anyway my point is that one time i was sent an email for the support renewal - that alone was 40 grand!!.
    I am not one to be afraid to speak my mind (i use more restraint on afterdawn than in the office) and told my bosses what i thought of that. A [bold]support[/bold] renewal (in a little company like mine) where the cost was more than the property (boat) i live in. Plus everytime i want to buy a licence for something like a raid product or backup license (you know, important software for Production servers!) i'm asked whether we really need it. argh..
    we've now been taken over by a huge company and we're back to silly (ie large) purchases again, but i'll still have to fight for the licenses i need to do the important things.

sorry, overexplained as per usual but 40 grand, that still annoys me :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  15. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Maybe LIGHTINING_UK(Mr.Dvd decrypter) got tired of waiting for you el-cheapo's to donate,(ive donated several times btw) and now hes changing it over to retail. LOL ;)

AnyDvd ROCKS

16. creaky

a well deserved LMAO!

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@JD

I am with you, I have donated a few times to keep this program going. You think there would be some information on why the sight is down though, did not see a word on CDFreaks about it.

Edited, Okay cannot get into CDFreaks, is there a conspiracy going on, is AD next.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

19. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Thanx Binkie for the info, I knew they were going to redo the site but did not think it would just disappear :~)

20. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

yeah thats good news:)