1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst mixed drink you've ever had?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by tykester, Dec 16, 2005.

1. gear79

gear79 Guest

@ ireland
    well, being that i live close to the border of mexico, i think it had some different ingredients in it, not 100% sure, but only by the border have i had this drink... but it's very tastey.
    but i'll write that list down and try it myself.

2. fpxdragon

fpxdragon Member

Well, because of all this I think I will take a break over Christmas and maybe when I get back things will have calmed down around AD…

3. gear79

gear79 Guest

hmmm, well, from what i see, it seems like your name has been modified here like 3 times, (due to being banned) plus, a same sig and typing skills... but whatever.....

4. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning gear79 and all.

[​IMG]
    fpxdragon,good idea.

5. gear79

gear79 Guest

morning ireland... hey, where are you from anyway? since you say [bold]ye[/bold] instead of [bold]you[/bold]
    i was just curious.
    like my new sig phantom compiled for me?

6. ireland

ireland Active member

gear79,ye new sig looks great..
    i's from and born in ireland now residing in ye old state of Pennsylvania..

7. gear79

gear79 Guest

penn state huh? well cool, literally, i am sure its cold there, we are sitting at 50 degrees i think right now, only 10 in the morning too. this weekend, we will hit upper 70's low 80's.

8. ireland

ireland Active member

gear79,i is looking for a cup of coffee,as this must be me..

More signs of Coffee Addiction

* You've worn out the handle on your favorite coffee mug. * You go to AA meetings just for the free coffee. * You've worn the finish off you coffee table. * The Taster's Choice couple wants to adopt you. * Starbuck's owns the mortgage on your house.
    * You're so wired you pick up FM radio.

* Your life's goal is to "amount to a hill of beans."

* Instant coffee takes too long.

* You want to be cremated just so you can spend eternity in
    a coffee can.

* You name your cats "Cream" and "Sugar."

* Your lips are permanently stuck in the sipping position.

* Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an
    I.V. hookup.

Sign that you're addicted to Coffee

* You get a speeding ticket even when you're parked.
    * You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.

* You sleep with your eyes open.

* You have to watch videos in fast-forward.

* You lick your coffeepot clean.

* Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.

* The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.

* You can type sixty words a minute with your feet.

* You can jump-start your car without cables.

* Your only source of nutrition comes from "Sweet & Low."

... You don't sweat, you percolate. .

9. gear79

gear79 Guest

funny man we are this morning....

did you get a bad cup of star bucks this morning ireland?

10. ireland

ireland Active member

tis the christmas season and i is having some fun

gear79,star bucks (no)but i had a little of Guinness"s

who can drink 10 pints of Guinness

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, "I hear you Irish are a bunch of drinkin' fools. I'll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back."
    The room is quiet and no one takes of the Texan's offer. One man even leaves. Thirty minutes later, the same Irishman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder.
    "Is your bet still good?", asks the Irishman.
    The Texan says "Yes," and he asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness.
    Immediately, the Irishman tears into all 10 pints of beer, drinking them all back-to-back.
    The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits down in amazement. The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and asks, "If ya don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?"
    The Irishman replies, "Oh... I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first."

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  11. gear79

gear79 Guest

now thats a good one, seeing that you are from ireland and i am in texas, i see the similiarty there... but, me, i no likey guinness beer. to thick, an accuried taste i may add, just not my accquired taste.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

gear79,i know ye were from texas thats why i posted the joke....

i my self drink brandy...any way i can get it,by the glass full or drink out of the bottle...

13. tykester

tykester Member

Hey Ireland, have you read McCarthy's Bar? I'm reading it right now and it's pretty funny. It's all about travelling in Ireland, very good travel writing. I was just there recently. I am a Guinness fan as well. I noticed that in Ireland the kids drink Shandy's at the pub, which for an American that doesn't approve of underage drinking is a shocking thing to see. They just made it with lemonade, but on thebar.com they have a recipe for a Guinness Shandy with lemon-lime soda, I think that sounds pretty good, tried it?

14. gamename

gamename Regular member

i got sent to ireland in 2000 by the company i work for. i didnt really know what to expect,after seeing all the stuff on tv about the ira. i was hoping that i wouldnt get killed. boy was i suprised. i feel right in. shortly after i got there i met this girl the work at the irland plant and we hit it off. i dont remember much after that. i do remember guiness and tallamore(i think its made from potatoes or something) and a castle.other than that it was a big blurr. had a great time everyone was very nice and i never saw any of the ira thing at all. the only part i didnt care much for was all that damn rain. i think it rained every day i was there. buy the way, any drink u buy at the average resturante sucks. they charge the heck out of u and they dont put very much liquor in them.

15. tykester

tykester Member

I think that Ireland is in the midst of big changes right now, with the whole continental european yuppie touristy feel taking a big hold and being very different from the traditional Irish feel. When I was there I noticed that there were two kinds of restaurants, those that were full of trendy dishes that cost way too much, and those that were bed&breakfasty and had real, homegrown organic Irish food for cheaper that was better. Same thing for the liquor. I was gonna make Shandys but I noticed that on thebar.com there's also a recipe called a "Black Velvet" which is Guinness and champagne, that sounds a lot better and more adult to me. Anyone had one?

16. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

No I havn't but it sounds great!. I have the worst mix drink ever. When I was in college we use to play this game called Kings cup. I'm sure some of u of heard of it but u never played it like this. Its basically a card/drinking game. So every1 would go around doing silly things and whenever u got a king u had to pour two sips out of ur drink into the "community cup". Now we all drank different things so it would end up being a mix of beer,rye,vodka,scotch,juice and pop all mixed together. But heres the kicker we would save up the "community cup" all week. And start making wagers. Sometimes the cup was like oil and water and yet every week some1 would drink it for like $20 bucks. I did it twice and almost died, so that was [bold]worst[/bold] mix drink I ever had

Twice ;-D

17. gear79

gear79 Guest

so with that mix, what did it taste like then? can you describe it?

18. cbrooks

cbrooks Regular member

@gear79

If it sat long enough it was a thick chewy drink w/ lots of mystery chunks, mmmm....college protein ;-D

19. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

LOL my worst is when i was already a bit stoned wit my buddies and i we mixd together some jack daniels ,bacrdi limon,smirnoffs tripple distilled vodka,grape wine,mustard,ketchup and the juice that comes in the olive jar.

ps.(the mustard and ketchup didint liquefy : (

20. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive mixed tequila,vodka,lemonade,orange fanta,coke in one drink it was weird but not too bad.whiskey and cordial tastes wicked.