1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats up with shrink?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nyblue_71, Feb 7, 2005.

1. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

I have had the same problems as everyone else has. Shrink gives me errors when trying to back up newer movies.Perfect example the grudge. My question is, why does shrink behave like this and will there ever be a newer and better version? I love the way shrink works and use that along with decrypter and nero. Now, I have to use decrypter first then use shrink to open the ISO file and then burn.To me, this is a pain in the ass. You guys have been really helpful with figuring out what to do. There are so many options out there on how to encode,rip and burn .It makes my head spin sometimes. Your guides are great,I like the ones that are very clear and thorough,good for us newbies.

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

get the latest version of DVD Decrypter, back it up with that, then use Shrink. There are a plethora of threads involving this, it's the new copy protection method used by the studios.

All in all, you should buy the movie if you haven't. This software is for how to make personal backup copies of the stuff you already own.

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Run AnyDVD in the background and you can use Shrink then burn with Decryptor (which is probably how you used to do it--(ie. before the new Copy protection)--problem is that it costs a few bucks--but they have a 21 day free trial so you can see if you like it--

Whitfield

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

shrink will not have any more updates, the guy who made it works for Nero now. Whitfield is right, AnyDVD solves all these problems. It's great too because it runs in the background so you don't have to spend extra time on an extra step.

5. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

Thanks for your responses. The guy who made shrink works for nero? Interesting,smart guy.So any dvd just runs in the background? I just have to download it?

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Yes, just download the 21 day free trial and see if you like it--It is great--makes all DVD's appear as if they are not encrypted which makes them easy to copy

7. wild77

wild77 Guest

If you like Shrink why don't you check out Nero Recode2. You can use it with DVD Decrypter or AnyDVD as it will only encode/burn.That is what Mr Shrink is doing now or so the rumors go.