1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with the news?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by KillerBug, Jan 13, 2010.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Lately AD seems to have realy dropped the ball on news. In the last 30 days, there have been at least two occurances when nothing was posted for more than 48 hours.

On top of that, some of the news that is posted recently seems to be nothing more than advertising for spyware ( http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/21018.cfm )

...And when news is submitted by users, it is ignored and never posted. Users cannot dirrectly post news...odd considering people like DVDBack23 are allowed to post.

What is happening? Do you need people to help, or are you just shutting down the news?

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

Andre is a staff writer.. so he can post news.

I find that submitting interesting things to staff writers with a pm ususlly gets the topic investigated (recent dtv/stream websites things) is a little case in point. There is a bill before the house concerning the "piracy" of broadcast tv by others streaming it live..

My view of that mattes is this.. once something has been "broadcast" .. ppv or not, it's public domain..

For a long time there have been issues with the "news" often being nothing more than a mouthpiece for certain large monopolistic empires to spout their own propaganda, with "moderators" who are not paid staff wielding the ban hammer to make sure only the businesses side of it (and their employees rants) ever get heard.

I pretty much stopped reading it these days. I get my news from other sources.