1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you created your account here at Afterdawn?And for what reason

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, May 11, 2006.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

October 9, 2004. I was lurking for a couple months while I was learning the art of backing up dvds. I think I found this site from doom9.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

aloha

yes nep shoey needs to go in the hall of fame, man that guy was on the case!

3. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

23 January 2006, i just got a psp and needed to find out what homebrew works because some didnt work for me.

Afterdawn is like the matrix plug yourself in and bang,
    "i know PSP"

4. Jaskaran

Jaskaran Regular member

30th April 2005, needed help on burning ps2 games..

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You have posted 3602 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 4 February 2005.

I joined shortly after buying a DVD burner for my puter and realized I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I quickly found help in Arniebear, Saugmon and Car.Mike...who got me straight. I then lurked on the DVD Decrypter forum, learning as much as I could...I didn't start posting here until DVD Decrypter got shut down and I was soon on my way to helping others. I stalked creaky for months and learned how to decipher Nero logs and have been addicted to AD ever since.

EDIT:

@ddp

RTFMDA....rotflmfao

I've seen that one.

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

my famous or infamous 1st post!!

7. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

13 March 2005. Don't remember why... I've come to love it here....

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Joined Oct. 2005. Got a computer and spent 3 weeks trying to burn a DVD on a CD rom.Got lost in the net found this forum and ya all got blessed with me from then on.[mainly because it was the only site I could find off the bat somehow put it in favorite].Been addicted ever since thanks to the guides put out by Alkohol the only name I could remember at the time ,he was my Idol then found out how to navigate through the site and really learn and relax and chuckle. The perfect site.Chris

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

You have posted 4951 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 29 December 2004.

joined trying to backup RE2 needed dvd decrypter with the PSL files (via scubapete) to do it one of the first movies x copy couldnt do found better software and never looked back!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2006
  10. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

I joined the same day as pieceful, and I joined because I was having trouble connecting my laptop to my psp. Since then, I've learned a lot because of this site.

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

You have posted 433 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 8 November 2005.
    Actually googled this site to find out about Clone DVD when I got my first DVD burner, Sony DRU-510A back in Aug of 03 I think, finally joined 2 years and several hundred burns later.

12. Starrift

Starrift Regular member

Yes, i created my account on 21 December 2005, it was the christmas holidays and i was curious about the whole "DVD Copying" thing so, one night when i was at the local Geek Squad store with my friend, i ask one of the employees if they sold a software that would copy DVDs. the response i got was that no, they didnt sell any thing of the sort and that while he was wearing his Geek Squad uniform, he couldnt leagaly give me any info on this subject but, he did direct me to this site here, AfterDawn.com and well, ive been here ever since ^_^

13. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

"You have posted 1016 messages to our discussion forums since you created your account on 11 March 2005."

I needed help on how to figure out which BIOS I had on my Xbox. Found AD via google i believe. A guy named Punqewe was the first to help me here.

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

2 January 2005 with the same problem as the others, 321 Xcopy I could not do The Soprano's, but I can now :)

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Came here October 23, 2003 after buying my first burner bundled with X Copy Express. Couldn't get a movie to burn more than half way. Google sent me here and I found out that ALL BLANK MEDIA ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL. The junk Khypermedia blanks that came with the burner were the trouble makers. I've got to know many good people from hanging around this site so I still check in at times.

Jerry

16. JVC

JVC Active member

You have posted [bold]516 messages[/bold] to our discussion forums since you created your account on [bold]11 April 2004.[/bold]
    I came because I had a question about menus, and it never got an answer, of any kind. My second question never got an answer either. I learned enough reading and burning, that I ended up answering more questions than I asked............

17. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

it was a dark and stormy night on the ermmmmmm... just let me check my account page...
    AHA!!!
    well like i was saying:
    it was a hot summers day on the 22 Apr 2005, it was a scary night, the light from the sun was burning. i had to wear 3 jackets it was so cold, oh so very cold, the sweat was dripping...
    i think we will stop there :D

man i miss this site so much, i miss taking shots at darth, then him winning by a landslide... the good times we had doing nothing, oh the days, oh oh the days :'(

buuuuuuuut we cant have everything

My First post:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/191339
    a thread that no body replied to :(

oh well chiao ppls

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Over the years we've gained a boatload of members because XCopy was so cantakerous.

19. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Its hard to believe how many people bought X Copy when there were so many free ways that worked better at that time. The problem was you didn't find out about them until after. Live and learn.

Jerry

20. ireland

ireland Active member

jerry746,i did use the free stuff,but this was a hell of of lot easier if it worked,it worked for me!!!!!
    dvdxcopy version 1.0.the program was able to burn a dvd movie to two disks..
    with no compression......

also dvdxcopy brought 100,000's of members to afterdawn..from all over the world..,i feel dvdxcopy was the building block for afterdawn..

Last edited: May 28, 2006