1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when Halo 3 is coming out

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by twisterz, Nov 16, 2004.

1. twisterz

twisterz Guest

God, I heard that Halo 3 was coming out the same day the PS3 was coming out (I heard that from seven different people).
    Tell me if you have heard the same.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

It took 3 years to work on halo 2
    if halo 3 comes out in 12 months or so, its gonna be rushed so its doubtful

3. the_real_

the_real_ Member

hes right if the only way it would be a decent game is if they were working on h3 at the same time as h2, or maybe the game was so huge they decided to leave you hangin there at the end of halo 2 to make people buy halo 3 getting bungie big buck$$$

Sounds dumb but think about it

4. andy702

andy702 Member

I herd that halo3 isnt coming out for a long time

5. thinline

thinline Member

People i hang around with say its an Xbox2 game but i think that Halo 3 was started when Halo 2 was just finishing like Halo 3 was supposed to be on the end of Halo 2 like another 10-15 levels but it was too big for the disc so they had to split it. Although thats what ive heard off a post on here and a few people at skool.

6. Burn_89

Burn_89 Member

Halo 3 is comin out for xbox next. I got a friends who works for bungie and they have begun to work on h3, itl take a while though, maybe 3 to 4 years, they have just negun work on xbox next and itl have halo 3 as a game that comes out right when it does.

7. waqas1988

waqas1988 Member

uhhh...so do u have any proof? another thing...Steve Balmer did say that they were working on Halo 2 and 3 and the next version of xbox. if you wanna read that, go to

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/steve/2003/10-21office-launch.asp

and press [bold]ctrl+F[/bold] and type in [bold]halo[/bold] and press enter to get to the halo part quickly.

if halo 3 doesn't come out, i think WWIII will begin.

8. chrisdm

chrisdm Member

For those of you that have not yet played and completed Halo 2, this news may come as a shock! There will definitly be a Halo 3 and my guess is that it probally has been made at the same time as no 2. Halo 2 is basiclly half a game! It gets to where you think you are halfway in and there are the credits!!! DOH Bungie are either being very smart or very stupid!

Complete it and let me know what you think!!

9. farrellx

farrellx Member

Halo 3 will be coming out with Xbox 2 in 2K6. This point has been made very overt by the Microsoft corporation. While it may be a bit of a wait, it will help Halo in the long run cause their wont be so much pressure on Bungie and they will be able to take advantage of the upgraded hardware.

As to the issue of concurrent development: Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, makes it sound as such, though I dont have access to the quote on this machine, sadly.

10. ranger51

ranger51 Member

mabey the real reason they held Halo 2 back so that they could get a jump star at Halo 3 so that they could be released preety close to each other.

11. Jr24

Jr24 Regular member

I say bungie is and was working on Halo3 during Halo2.
    They were able to hide it because of all the Halo2 hype. Thats just my opinion.

12. farrellx

farrellx Member

A distinct possibility, and the fact that Bungie came out almost immediately and dennounced the possibility of making a third one for a while, perhaps a means to take some pressure off of them from the fans.

One thing I do know, is that if Halo 3 does launch it will be with Xbox 2, which was supposed to go in 2k6. But I heard rumors that MS wanted to beat Sony to the market, so who knows. Would explain why they didnt think three years was enough (Source: DVD)

13. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

So they (Bungie) take forever to get H2 out, because its this badass game? One problem they took all that time to make half of a game. Oh that's right... there was that whole "live" thing (yawn...). The game took less than a week of playing to beat and its done, WTF?!?
    H3 should be following up soon.

H4 would be more appropriate for XB2

14. NovusVir

NovusVir Guest

I heard from a VERY reliable source that HALO 3 is indeed being released when XBOX 2 comes out. They have pretty much finished the game, but are waiting to re-format it when they get the XBOX 2 specs.

15. liljim

liljim Guest

maybe wen dey were makin halo 2 they were makin 3 aswell

16. thinline

thinline Member

They were i think it was originally 1 whole game but split because it was too big a game to fit on one disc i meen Xbox only just managed Halo 2 (look at the cinematics if your wondering what im on about)

17. farrellx

farrellx Member

I am really not understanding how people can diss Halo 2 because of its story. The best analogy I can make is Halo 1 was very similar to Star Wars: A New Hope in that it had an ending but was left open for a sequel.

Halo is analogous to Empire Strikes Back. We get a more in depth look at the characters and situations. We see the real evil behind the enemy. Best part about Halo 2 was the Arbiter, I never saw that coming and it was great, though I would have loved to kill some Humans with the Arbiter, like fight against them. And the most obvious trait, it has a cliffhanger ending which I for one love, cause I can only imagine Halo 3.

So Halo 3 will be like Return of the Jedi with an awesome conclusion. I think if they go higher then Halo 3, the majority of the fans will look down on that, I know I would. You can expect Halo 3 to launch with Xbox 2 and not before, cause that would defeat the purpose. My guess, Halo 3 will seen the Covenant and Humans join forces to try and stop Cortona and the Flood, without using the Rings, my thought only, I have no basis.

And as to them already having Halo 3 done, possible, but highly unlikely. They may have parts of it done, but saying they are waiting on MS is false. MS has already all but completed Xbox 2 and I am sure Bungie has a few prototypes and the full list of specs. It is likely the game is not done, perhaps it is laid out, but the code is not done for one, nor the design. I dont doubt SOME work has been done, but I dont think they are totally done.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2004
  18. Steve_NZ

Steve_NZ Member

This is just what i've heard from surfing the net. But a lot of people are saying that halo 2 was too big for one game, and they already have the rest of it they are just preparing to sell it.
    Also if you play halo 2 on legendary, in the credits at the end it says 'Coming febuary 9th' (mabye thats halo 3??

19. farrellx

farrellx Member

While the current release date as I understand it is 2k6 for XB2, Microsoft does want to beat PS3 to the market with XB2, so yes it could be a possible release date.

Heh, I just started working on legendary, hard shit. Beat it on Heroic, Normal, and Easy (if you can call beating it on the later 2 beating it, more of a masacre :)

20. jonymac

jonymac Member

I think that halo 2 was almos an after thought....I think while they were making Halo 3 for Xbox 2 they threw together Halo 2....My reasoning is as follows: They worked on Halo 3 for years to be put on Xbox 2 for early NEXT year as an IMPORTANT launch game that will be beautiful and a PS3 killer...but y not Halo 2 for Xbox2?? Because Microsoft needed somthing that would keep up with the new PSP or Nintendo DS...thats my thery and i have another but its too long to type