1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I Say Beginner I Mean BEGINNER

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ChLamb, Mar 13, 2005.

1. ChLamb

ChLamb Member

Wow, I am so amazed at all the help!

Thanks to bbmayo's website I managed to convert my DIVX to DVD and then I used DVD shrink to back them up, and then I burned them with Nero.

Do they need to be backed up with DVD shrink? I don't really do anything with those files, it's the ones from DIVX to DVD that I burn, correct?

My DVD+RW discs worked in my DVD player, so it seems to be working in that respect.

I've managed to write to DVDs now, no pro yet but definitely better off than I was yesterday!

Hursty, I don't have Nero Vision, just Nero. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I definitely can't just write the .avi files, I've tried several times.

I have a whole bunch of shorter episodes that I'd like to write to DVD, but how do I create a menu so that you can select which one you want to watch when you put in the DVD? I have an idea this is going to be a large learning curve, but I'm ready!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No you don't need to use Shrink if the files are small enough to fit on a disk.. Did you actually read the guide? Or dod you just look at the pictures? LOL :)

Well you can look at my site again and follow the guide on using NVE... Or look at the Convert AVI to DVD guide again in that guide it is actually showing me do to seperate files at once (of course you could do as many as you like :) With that method you wouldn't have menus, but your DVD remote has a button called "Title(s)" on it. you can press that button to sip through the episodes. If you have to have the menus though then use the NVE guide :)