1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHEN MEMBERS FIGHT BACK!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by deezp1, Apr 12, 2005.

1. evnflow

evnflow Guest

i posted this in another forum but i felt it relivant...i know that i am somewhat new to this forum..and have learned a lot in the last few months....and have to say that yes,that at first the forums were very friendly and then all of a sudden they started to get hostile b/c a newbie would ask a question(even though he should and i am probably guilty of this...have searched google)...but still this site is designed to help not hinder a person...that is why i was attracted to this site...it was one that was helpful...and i can honestly say i love this site...it is a learning tool...so if you are pissed at a newbie b/c he asked a question that should have been searched...then let someone else answer it for him don't be a d*ck and give him a smart*ss remark...what's the point?...just let this site be a helpful tool for EVERYONE...wasn't it designed for that?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Here's what i i posted in the same thread that evnflow mentioned -

Here's how i see it. I always try and be as helpful as i can, by answering what the noob has asked so far. More than often too much info is missing so we still have to guess at what the problem is, and what to ask the noob next. Not a problem, all part of the fun and that's why we're here. Part of what i try to do is detail as much as i can and try to word it such that anyone can understand it (this doesn't always happen as i do Tech Support for a living, but i do try to be a normal person as well!).
    I myself have come across some genuine computer noobs recently and try to go the extra mile to accommodate their newness to all things computer-related (see the 3rd link in my signature for an example). Plus some of these complete noobs (i don't mean that offensively at all) are grateful for what you've given them and you know they'll go on to be of help to themselves and others in future, maybe even at forums such as this. If they don't intend/or want or need to do that, no problem, but at least you can see they've tried to help themselves a little bit first, and after being helped you can see they are willing to learn stuff for themselves.

It's hard sometimes to judge when a person is in in genuine need of help, or are just being lazy and wanting to be spoonfed forever more; maybe that's why some of us sometimes suggest 'do a search'. But hopefully there are very few who get away with being condescending or smartarses just for the hell of it.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

ok, one thing when it comes to searching (I know, I know everyone wants there own thread on it lol) is my "500th Post" thread. I have seen about 5 or so sense mine was made lol. It doesn't REALLY matter but, I am just sayin'. Also I saw a post that said (my "500th Post" forum kinda converged to this) "How many posts have you made". lol