1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when the fifth region change is made, what to do to reset it?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by alsting, Aug 5, 2002.

1. alsting

alsting Guest

i have a power dvd v2.55 and the fifth region change is done, so it has been fixed to be in only one region(4), can i reset the region changes again to watch region 1? y have the dvd geanie but it doesn't seem to change it, can you help me?

2. fengtao

fengtao Member

3. alsting

alsting Guest

fengtao, ty, you're very kind, but owfully i already used the region free software and nothing happened, maybe i'm useing it wrong, because to tell you the truth, i don't really understand what to do with all the options that it has, but i just went to where POWER DVD is and then put like no region option and nothing, don't know what to do? when playing the movie the power dvd comes allright and let me see the movie company intro (like COLUMBIA girl) but then when got to go to main menu or the movie, the screen goes black and the program frezzes, sorry my english (spanish) but of some body could help me i appreciate Gracias!

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

DVD playback on computers has normally three different steps of region locks:

-software player -- this can be circumvented with DVD Genie and other similiar tools

-Windows itself -- this can be done with DVD Genie as well

-your DVD-ROM drive -- if your drive is manufactured after 1st of January, 2000, it is very likely RPC-2 drive, meaning that it has 4-5 limit of region changes and after that it will lock itself. Only real way to get over this, is to get a RPC-1 firmware upgrade. But by upgrading, if you don't have any idea what you're doing, you can permanently destroy your drive.

5. alsting

alsting Guest

Thank you DaBoss, you are right; this thing locked itself after the fifth change of region.
    I won't try to do any thing more to my region thing. i will focus in other situations