1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Unlocking/Jailbreaking a 2g iphone, are you suppose to be already updated to 3.0 from 2.2.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by Cloud637, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Cloud637

Cloud637 Regular member

My 2g iphone is currently 2.2.1. I am following the Redsn0w guide to jailbreak and unlock my phone (http://www.stateofthesceneaddress.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Jailbreak_the_iPhone_with_Redsn0w). I am stuck at where it says to "Navigate to the pwnage folder, click on your firmware and hit open." I used the firmware indicated in the guide and Itunes gives me a message that says "iphone could not be restored because firmware file is not compatible." Does anyone know what is going wrong? Thanks.

2. Smee342

Smee342 Member

i believe your itunes verison is to high, if you have a 2g you can successfully unlcok/jailbreak your phone with firmware 3.1.2, so down load a ipsw file of 3.1.2 then go into the latest itunes and hold down shift then hit the restore button and choose were ever you downloaded the 3.1.2 ipsw file and click it it will then update your phone to that firmware then go to geohots blackra1n then unlock/jailbreak it with it its simple and fast. hope that helps