1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Using Dvd Shrink,...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Col_t, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Col_t

Col_t Guest

I use dvd shrink and then the dvd dycrypter , When im using the dvd shrink and its in the process of encoding can i still use my compute or shoudl i jsut leave it alone? if i use my computer while the dvdis encoding will that potentially harm the qualtity of the dvd that will be burnt? Thanks for your help

2. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

This is a kind of this that really depends upon your computer. I have a computer that runs of 256 RAM with a 2.2 GHz processor. I can ran the shrink in the background and browse internet or even type some papers. I have never noticed a problem with the quality of what I was coping. For safety's sake I would not try to install a program or something large while doing so though. Finally, I would strongly reccomend you not trying to do anything when you are actually burning the dvd. If you happen to freeze the computer or soemthing worse, you will be out of a dvd. In short, you can do other things in moderation when ripping without decreasing quality so long as you take your computer's capabilities in account.

3. colw

colw Active member

Most would advise to leave your computer alone while encoding etc. as it is a resource intensive process.

I often fail to follow this advice and use the internet while encoding (such as now).

I have not had any problems to date in relation to quality. For the burning process, I do not touch the computer until burning is complete.

Would not advise serious multitasking but a little does not seem to hurt.