1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Rozilla, Jan 21, 2006.

1. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

hi,

it's sweet when games are in 16:9.

MAY 23 is the day when samsung realses the first blu-gay player is USA along with Sony's 7+ BD titles.
    $1000 for teh samsung player and $30 and $40 for movies.

j

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes, in their default state (HD resolution).

Microsoft teamed up with Samsung to make the 360 compatible with all HDTV formats. Meaning that the 360 hardware was tested and optimised for Samsung brand Widescreen HDTVs. Thats why no matter what retail store you walk into the Xbox 360 games are always displayed with a samsung hdtv (in the official Xbox 360 kiosk of course).

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2006
  3. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

i have a 4:3 Samsung HDTV....so if i go buy a 360 and want to play a game like halo 2 or somekind of game with the little status bars and gauges (the ones that shows how much life you have and how many bullets you have left)in the corner(s) of the screen, part of the status bar or gauge would be cut off so i couldnt see the whole thing!?

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

That just doesn't make since. Halo 2 is an Xbox game made for standard 4:3 tvs (even though it also has a widescreen mode). At worst there would be letter boxing at the top and bottom like a widescreen movie.

The xbox 360 has a 4:3 mode so don't worry about it, its not an issue.

We are talking about where technology is now and where it is going is all.

Widescreen isn't a fad!
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2006