1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where and how can I find an SMR Codec Patch?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by eea76, May 20, 2002.

1. eea76

eea76 Member

I downloaded a movie in avi format, but while Windows Media opens, there is no sound or video. I think SMR Codec Patch is what I need. I downloaded that from a program, but when I install it, it has no effect. How can I fix this vexing dilemma?
    Thank you

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

eea76: you can try Kazaa do a search and look up all video codecs. download it and after you will have a zip file with the smr patches in it.

3. eea76

eea76 Member

I used Imesh to download the zip file. i got a program that is called Setup.exe, and I opened it but it didn't do anything to help me. i can try Kazaa.

4. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

make sure the file you get is zipped ...it should have a files inside the zip titled you need this to play smr movies.zip and one that says smr patches.zip

5. juve

juve Guest

i've downloaded the 'all codecs' off Kazaa but how do I make this particular movie (smr) use the codec? on kazaa it says which codecs are in use...this one is using none...help!

6. Reaper04

Reaper04 Guest

Hi, I have the same problem. I used KaZaA to download Mr.Deeds from the user SMR and when I go to view the movie in Windows Media Player, it runs, but i get no sound or video. So if anyone knows anything, please help me. Email me at REAPER0485@msn.com. Please help ASAP. Thanks

7. Kmhmuboy

Kmhmuboy Member

Everyone i think i found a solution to our problems. I found this smr patch or codec is more like it. Before i downloaded it i could not play spiderman, but now it's ok. To get this codec all you have to do is go to this link.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/smrcodec.html
    This should fix our little problem.

8. Bodrey

Bodrey Member

What's up with these AVI files from Kazaa that play, but have no sound or video? WTF?