1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Are All The XBOXes?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by evilgit, Dec 24, 2004.

1. evilgit

evilgit Member

I decided to buy an XBOX console the other day, so I sold all my PS2 stuff on eBay, went to Amazon.co.uk found the XBOX console page. Clicked on Consoles...

But there are none left! It seems, like the new PS2s, they're all sold out for XMas. I don't need it for Xmas, I just wanna play Live with a load of friends who have Halo 2. I've looked all over the place, but the best deals seem to be from negative rated eBay sellers.

Could anyone tell me where to get an XBOX, where they've all gone, if they've stopped being produced, or if they're just out of stock? Would it be worth just waiting for a XBOX 2?

Ooops....forgot to mention...I need a PAL (UK/Europe) console.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Never look to buy consoles around this time of the year.

Try ebgames or gamestop or some other major game store.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I know up here in canada,if you goto eb games you get a deal on an xbox if you trade in a ps2. Hind sight is 20/20

4. evilgit

evilgit Member

I found out that UK stores are being restocked with XBOXes on the 13th of Jan. However, I think I'll wait for info about the XBOX 2 & Halo 2.5 before making a decision.

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You might as well get it now. Xbox 2 probably won't be out until 2006.

6. nut

nut Member

i to have been looking for a x box today here in the u.k cant find 1 any where. i phoned up dixons they said they arnt sure when theyll get some in and the ps2 sold out so fast that it had a knock on efect and every 1 whent after the x box.(that is the exact words the man on the phone said to me)so dont shout at me.

i traveled to swansea/cardiff/bridgend all over the place they all say the same dont know when theyll be them in.

in the end i payed £80 to have my ps2 fixed.

7. blahwho

blahwho Regular member

yeah xbox 2 was delayed and so it will come out somewhere around the beggining of 2006. Plus when I get my xbox 2 I will probably wait untill a new version comes out so later I wont have the crappiest xbox 2 out there. Anyone else think that way when they buy game consoles?

8. kopkilla

kopkilla Guest

Xbox 2 is gunna suck. get the ps3. and get a ntsc xbox and put a x3 in it and you can change the settings to PAL and you can copy games

9. blahwho

blahwho Regular member

I don't think so kopkilla, its gonna blow away ps3and you know it!

10. evilgit

evilgit Member

amazon.co.uk have xboxes back in stock.

I dont think you can start comparing ps3 and xbox 2 since we hardly know anything about either of them.

11. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

i know most of their feature.dont ask where cuz i wont say where from.Anyway name hasnt been chosen for Xbox 2 yet.they say itll prolly be Xenon or Xbox Next or just Xbox2.Xbox 2 will have features like dvd recorder.ull be able to copy movies music off TV and there will be 3 versions.1V wont have hdd.2V will hdd.3V will be a pc.Also they will prolly run windows longhorn.PS3 will kinda do the same and it will use Blu-ray disks.they have ability to hold 54 GB.