1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are you sat?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Mr_Taz_UK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Goodness I'm jealous of neph's desk. He can look at 'mature' movies on one screen and ban idiots on the next. Just kidding nice setup especially the desk.

2. Jannejt

Jannejt Moderator Staff Member

sweet neph!!! that's nice :)

3. boxwrench

boxwrench Guest

@Neph,

That is one sweet set-up you have there, but for the love of God man...Please lose the ironing board! LoL!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2006
  4. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

Yea I love it, I think when I get my new setup I'm going to set it up similar to that. I still havent decided wether I'm going to get 2, 19" or 20" monitors or get 1, 22" or 24" though. I'll post a pic of my new setup when I get it, the one I've got now isnt good enough to post. BTW, how big are your monitors Nephilim.

5. rav009

rav009 Active member

Very nice pic's from everyone :)

Neph, That desk is superb! its very hard to find them like that, an admirable setup overall, exemplary my friend,notice the ironing board in the background :)

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Poor photos but the following are a few photos of my recent new system. My desk is cluttered, and I have a CRT monitor. I love it, but not everyone wants to see it, so my PC is all you're getting!

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You have a definite pimp factor going there Sam :)

Lol, everyone's so into my ironing board! I'm borderline obsessive compulsive so all my button downs shirts and slacks have a nice crisp ironing job done to them :)

9. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Lol neph. Sam what a set up man. You think you could actually fit anything else in there lol!

Very impressed lol!

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

LOL yeah I could but haven't! :D Went for the CNPS7000Alcu over the 9500 due to weight concerns. It still cools admirably. Compare my slower single core XP idling at 62C in summer, this is at 57C due to having been folding on both cores for several hours, and is shoved under a desk without that much ventilation available, and to top all the room is well above 30C ambient. 57 is the highest I've seen so far, guess it's been hottest (31C outside today, very rare for UK).

11. 21Q

21Q Regular member

that comp is AWSOME!!!!!
    why did my set up have to go <=(
    anyway, KOOL
    how much was it

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

£1250. Thanks for the compliments guys, it seems odd to get such appreciation on a site where there must be so many computers like this one...

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

That computer is sick!!!! How much is it in us? There's not that many computer that's like that. can you give me a full spec. very cool!
    EDIT: found your spec on your sig.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah that's pretty much the spec in my sig, it only gets used from about 5:30 till midnight every weekday (because I work and don't leave it on when I'm out), most of the day saturday and just the evening Sundays (because I go out), but I love every minute!

15. yamumma

yamumma Regular member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I case your wondering what the hell is with the blue crap, that my beening bored! :)

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I see. Can't say I see much of the PC though, that cramped compartment must do wonders for airflow, I don't think! :DMy PC rests on the floor next to shelf where it "should" be, for airflow and being-able-to-see-it-properly reasons. My Subwoofer sits on that shelf now.

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i got half a dozen PC's on the go now, dotted throughout the house, so it's a bit tricky to show "where i'm sat"; Got my wireless sorted so now i'm all over the place; right now, sat in conservatory a fair old way away from the new wireless router (Linksys (the second crappy inferior Belkin got taken back to the shop - i will never buy Belkin again)) and it's doing great. Even setup a Linux pc in the kitchen for my ma and got that wireless'd up too, she's loving it. Must sort out a new piccy of my setup one of these days

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see it/them, some of us only can afford/need one PC.

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

naw, most of the PC's are nothing special, just old machines rebuilt; when i lived afloat i only had room for the one (very small) PC, now i have room for loads of stuff so i'm just reviving what bits of kit i can , one's even an old Pentium 133 (MMX version) with an outrageous 64MB of RAM, but it's sufficient to run DSL (Damn Small Linux) that i tried out today for he first time and liked it a lot. Just need to find out how to get the wireless running in DSL Linux on this laptop which is why i'm sat out in the conservatory. oops battery is about to give out, better plug it in.

update- as luck would have it i found the missing part for my latest project. i needed a 100mb network card to get the P133 machine on the net. it's working a treat. What i might try next is a PCI wireless card in there, just for giggles. then i may well post a new pic. Don't expect neon lights or cutouts in the case for this particular machine, it was built in 1872 by Robert Louis Stevenson after all

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol that's a good name for an OS, better than Windows!