1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are you sat?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Mr_Taz_UK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Somebody has to do that for real, it'd be genius!

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ohh they did

[​IMG]

i see with my little eye a tv tuner card>>>>and a psu>>>>> a fan/heatsink ..... and A TOILET???

i also know a guy(i "used" to know a guy) who will (would) do custom pc case's like that

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

butbutbut, it's not a real toilet!

4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ohh of course not!! it was at one point, but i'd give the noble prize to the guy who creates a toilet with cpu/flushing capabilities
    (it would be easy to get away from the wife..he he)

5. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

Was finally gonna post my PS3 set up in the PS3 forum today and saw it was closed. As everyonr is chatting about PC only in here id feel a bit out of place putting a pic of my PS3 setup in here.

Why did you close the PS3 setup thread? Sorry to sat i think you made a bad choice there?

Anyway how come you closed it?

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

this is a where you are sat thread, console setups are welcome, it's not pc only at all....

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Time to dust this thread off I suppose...

Tidying up my room at the moment, desk picture will come when that's done. At the moment, I can offer the shelf to the left of my room...

[​IMG]

"but Sam, there's more PC hardware outside your PC than in it!"

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  8. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Moved up into the new loft conversion got loads more space now, bit more organized as well.

[​IMG]

Thats the Antec P182 case, if anyone was wondering.

Moved the TV from above the computer and got a new one.

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd show where i work as well, this is where i build all my PCs.

[​IMG]

9. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol nice - did that use to be a kitchen?

10. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Nah, we have a kitchen, its just an extra room off the kitchen with extra cupboards etc but I've invaded it.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's a nice workstation...

12. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

I think so, beats sitting on the bedroom floor surrounded by mess building a PC.

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol, now you've made me envious! :)

14. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

lol, sorry, god the days of sitting on the floor in my room surround by boxes, empty bags, wire, screws etc. Used to always stress me out really bad lol.

15. creaky

Looks like i hadn't posted any new pics since Christmas, so ..

"Where i'm sat, whenever i'm home"; i forgot to turn the keyboard's LED's on for the pic -
    To the left is my Core 2 Duo Linux machine, it's not finished yet, it's now a dual-boot of XP and my favourite Linux distro 'TinyMe Test Release 7'; when i get around to it i need to finish off configuring VirtualBox in TinyMe so that i can install some other Linux distro's in virtual machines, as a more flexible alternative to a multi-boot pc (it was a quad-boot pc previously).
    To the right is the Quad Core beast, XP only as i'm lazy when it comes to video encoding (shhh!, don't tell Varnull!) :)

[​IMG]

Here's those machines with most of my other kit; on the top shelf are a couple laptops and the monitor for another Linux pc which is an old Dell tower pc sat on the floor under the desk (TinyMe Test Release 7 is the distro on that one). Various USB2.0 enclosures for burners & hard drives. A place for everything and everything in it's place :)
    A couple sets of Logitech speakers are squirreled away here too.
    edit- Oh and i can't forget to mention my Afterdawn mug :)

[​IMG]

Under the main desk, a UPS, a laser printer and an ancient pc that's only used for upgrading hard drives on my xboxes. And the old Linux Dell Tower pc i mentioned above.

[​IMG]

Next up is the kid's desk, all manner of pc's, dvd player, games consoles etc.

[​IMG]

Under the kids desk, another laser printer, another UPS, a tv for one or 2 of the games consoles plus the dvd player (little one sometimes likes to surf the net/draw, and watch movies all at the same time) hence the small Sony Trinitron tv. The pc under the printer is just there to keep the printer off the floor :)

[​IMG]

And finally we have the main TV area, various games consoles, dvd players etc etc. To the left is my other small Sony Trinitron tv, which has a Super Famicom (Japanese SNES) and dvd player hooked up. My main xbox there has an awesome Lego Star Wars boot screen, i love watching Darth Vader conduct the Stormtrooper Orchestra (bless em!) while i'm choosing a game to play :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Awesome - every time I see a crystal Xbox case now I think of my housemate's PC which he built in one, he's got an 8600GT and a T2500 Yonah in it, plenty of poke!
    We have the PS2 and Gamecube, not still got a SuperFamicom though, that's some oldskool cool right there! We also haven't got a shiny Samsung LCD TV either, that'll probably come in due time. At the moment it's a Toshiba 24Z33, CRT.... :)

I see the trio of LG Supermultis, I've just bought one of those... :)

17. creaky

I can't stop buying old xboxes, there's one in the other room too.
    My 5 prized Benq DW1650's are in enclosures on the main desk, they're as rare as hen's teeth now, plus another enclosure houses my trusty beige 5yr old LG dvd ripping drive, it just won't stop working.

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

I believe posting my area of "computing" would be embarrasing!!! Mine is filled with dust, papers, and just plain messiness... I've seen some of your 'areas' and they are nice...

Creaky your "areas" are quite nice and organized unlike mine. lol.

Mort81 posted his somewhere and it was very nice as well..

....gm

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

My "area" is hideous at the moment - besides, I'm moving back home this afternoon. Once everything's set up back there, I may update this thread... :)

20. varnull

varnull Guest

Heretic!!