1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are you sat?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Mr_Taz_UK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hehe well enjoy the respite :)

..I need a day or so to catch up with job emails/AD replies and "i'll be back!". Just going into the garden to catch some rays and do some surfing now i've finished tweaking the routers for wifi. It sure is good to be back online, I only moved about 6 streets away, and it still took 2 weeks to get broadband reactivated.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Well that stinks for time dunnit? How is everything going mate?? I know you were hunting for employment for a while.... How's the new accommodations?? Good to have you back and on the prowl... ROFL. :p

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

No no. You get no time to catch up. :)

How are things Creakster?

4. creaky

I'm good now the internet is back :)
    I'm assuming all my AD-dependant buddies are also well ?
    Been fighting with 3 routers, i have one main router and a secondary in the lounge (connected to the main router by ethernet as is way more stable than connecting via wifi). I'd normally use 'WDS' to connect routers wirelessly but felt like a change as WDS halves bandwidth for each hop and whilst WDS works fine at my other abode (across 2 floors) i thought i'd experiment with simply extending/repeating the signal from the main router. Plus the lounge router being connected via ethernet to the main router in the front bedroom removed the need for WDS. This place is all on one floor so have managed to route ethernet thru all relevant rooms.

Just hooked up a 3rd router in the back bedroom via ethernet (wired to the front bedroom) and i think i've got all the settings sorted now. Seems i have to use 3 different channels for each router (whereas WDS uses the same channel for each).
    Might not keep the 3rd one hooked up though as the garden signal is fine for browsing from the lounge and front bedroom routers, the 3rd router was for the back bedroom to give extra signal. If extended surfing sessions from the garden are too slow i'll hook up the 3rd router but for now all seems fine on the 2 routers.

edit- added my other xbox 360 desk to my last set of pics (re the router - the xbox 360 isn't on wifi, it's just somewhere to keep the router, away from the cat's teeth, he likes wifi aerials) ~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. creaky

What on earth's happened to all our PC mad regulars ?. Let's see if i can entice them out of the woodwork...

A little re-jig was in order as i setup my other desk for the kids (and me) to use ~

Main desk is pretty much the same ~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slightly smaller desk for youngest as she loves drawing etc, and she loves the internet etc etc. (Have yet to dig out the Dreamcasts, other Gamecube, PS2 and a couple PS1's, oh and a 2 or 3 more old PC's, plus another 4 old type xboxes - nowhere for the xboxes to go though; never mind that there's only so much kit you can use at once, still awaiting the Octopus implants) ~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found a use for the other 19" Samsung, a mobile movie/gaming centre ~

[​IMG]

And finally got around to hooking up my other Dell as a Win7 HTPC (same spec as the other Dell ie C2D E6400 2.13GHz). It still has onboard video, have yet to play any movie formats that justify a 'proper' graphics card yet. Don't think Ebuyer sells these tidgy LED keyboards anymore, shame as they're a perfect fit/match for the Dell's ~

[​IMG]

6. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Always makes me smile when I see this thread is still being added to. Over 4 years since it was started and still going :)

I keep meaning to get myself back on here, but work, life, *blah blah* you know.

Hope you're all keeping well

Taz

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It seems mainly to be me and Creaky that post here, perhaps because we throw the most money away on stuff. Difference is, Creaky spends a lot more time and effort than I do on keeping things tidy! haha

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Mine is to embarrassingly messy to post atm. ;) I've posted a couple of times I believe and I didn't like doing it then. :p

CREAKS your "space" is enviable. ;) Nice job mate. :)

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

hello taz.

10. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Greetings Mr P :)

11. homesick

homesick Regular member

i didnt look through all the pages but creaky i thought i was funny you went from a box on the floor to what you have now. very nice setup indeed. and you are now on my A list with those two copys of halo 3 ;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  12. creaky

Hehe cheers. I'm a tidy freak but only really because i cannot stand losing things or wasting time trying to find things. Needless to say any pics taken were not when the kids descend on the place :p
    Living on the river previously, let's just say i had to be even more tidy than usual as space was just a tad sparse :) - it's sure nice to be able to spread out for a change, the only concern is the cat, he loves wires. And wifi aerials, though he can't get to any aerials anymore and virtually all electrical cables/wires are mostly hidden away, the only thing he seems to destroy at the moment are headphones whenever any are within reach.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  13. creaky

As it's snowing again and it's Christmas time (bah, humbug!) it's tidy up time so rearranged one of my desks to make everything more accessible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HTPC setup is the same as the previous set of pics.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice Creaky!! I see you is UNLEASHING Unix. :) Hope all is well and Merry Christmas even tho you is like the GM... bah humbug!! LOL

15. creaky

I just like tidyness :). Happy Christmas to you too GM and the same to everyone at AD.

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not as neat as creaky but im getting there. just got the new Dell 23in monitor. 2309 model

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Nice coffee cup creaky! :D

You should see my DISASTER! Not happening...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

First creaky, I apologize for resurrecting a 5 year old pic. If you disapprove, I can remove it in a heart beat! LOL! I suppose you can too ;) I have to ask, what the heck kind of tower is that, that's nearly the size of your subwoofer! Very stylish! :)
    Oh...is that the stereo itself? Very cool looking!
    [​IMG][/quote]
    I took the day off, because my Main HDD(VelociRaptor) crashed today. HARD! There's no resurrecting that LOL! So I also spruced up my desktop.
    No, I haven't hacked into the FBI mainframe LOL! It's an image of what I'm watching. "Fringe" Seasaon 1 Episode 8. VERY good show. If you've not watched it, I suggest checking it out ;) Pretty good look at the HAF 932. Looks large even next to my 24" monitors :D
    [​IMG]

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

I noticed a few things.. first do you need a proper set of speakers?? hehehehe. :p NEXT ... the YELLOW BELLY.... nice beer and better than frikkin Coors light... :p

and LASTLY... you need to get that can of air and "spray" out the dust in the front of your case... :D

Nice setup and I'm jealous of the "large" monitors!! ;)

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I just trashed my old JVC bedroom stereo. It was beginning to drive me mad! It would turn the volume up and down by itself. Unfortunately, its speakers are unique to their head unit. They only work with "like technology". The speakers you see, actually sound better then they look :p

It gets extremely dusty in here. I dust that area once a week at least. I live in a semiarid region. (Nearly desert terrain).